Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My understanding is in order to actually file online you have to have a code provided by the IRS. This code acts as your signature for your filing. Can anyone confirm? What you can do is set up everything online (Turbotax is free for 1040ez) then print out your return, sign, and mail in. I think the first year I did it I actually submitted online, but had to print out one sheet that required my signature and mailed it in. Once the IRS has a record of you submitting this way they will send you a code for next year and you will be able to file the whole thing electronically.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.