Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86529  
Subject: My Vacation Revenge Date: 1/2/1999 12:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I couldn't stop posting for the night without sharing a few tidbits from the trip. What could've been major problems turned out just fine.

First, we arrive at Islip airport (Long Island's airport, very close to home), to check in for our flight to Florida. There was a very good reason why the line was so short---the flight didn't exist!

The agent informed me that the flight had been cancelled weeks prior (no, I never did call to confirm...silly me). I told them they had to get me to Orlando and the fact that they never notified me was inexcusable (yes, I did make a scene). ; )

The agent scrambled with the computer a bit and told me that they could get me on a flight from Kennedy Airport 2 hours later, and they would pay for a limo to get us there. I said, that would be fine, but I wanted the tickets upgraded to first class for my inconvenience. She did, and the flight was fantastic.

Okay, everything was fine until we land in Orlando, and go to get our rental car where we're told that they were sorry, but had no cars at all.

I went nuts.

To make a long story short, I told them how this would work. Since they had been paid in advance, and I was stuck with no car, "THEY" were going to:
1. Pay for a taxi to my resort, and pay for a taxi back to the rental car place in the morning when I would show up at 9 am.

2. They would upgrade my car to a premium car.

3. They would not charge me for a full tank of gas for my inconvenience.

4. They would give me the name of the manager who would take care of all this in the morning, so I would not be waiting on any lines (I knew that there would be a mob of people in the same situation, and I wasn't going to be wasting my vacation time standing on lines for a car that they owed me).

They agreed to all of my demands, and it worked out just this way. And the car was great!

And I felt like I got my revenge. Woohoo! : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement