Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sahfee Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: my watchlist/portfolio Date: 12/25/2006 5:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

ACA.TO CAT.V EV.V HLO.V MEO.V PAX.V RR.V TBR.TO
ADA.V CBG.V EVR.V HRG.TO MES.V PBG.TO RRM.V TCB.V
ADD.V CCJ.TO EWR.V IMG.TO MFL.TO PCC.V RRO.V TCK-B.TO
AGQ.V CFR.V EXM.V IMR.V MFM.V PCE.V RS.TO THT.V
ALS.V CGD.V FEX.V IRC.TO MIO.V PCL.V RSC.V TIO.TO
ALV.V CGP.V FM.TO IRI.V MJS.V PDO.V S.TO TJS.V
AMH.V CGT.V FMM.V IRK.V MMI.V PDP.TO SAM.V TME.V
AMM.TO CHD.TO FRG.TO ISX.V MMM.TO PEZ.V SAS.TO TTS.V
AMS.V CHN.V FRI.V IT.V MNS.V PFC.TO SCM.V TUI-UN.TO
ANO.TO CICM FRP.V ITF.TO MRZ.V PFN.TO SEM.V TOS.TO
AOX.V CJB.TO FRS.V JIN.TO MSV.TO PG.TO SGC.V TVC.V
APE.V CNU.V FRX.V KAR.V MTR.V PGR.V SIR.V TVN.V
ARG.TO CPP.V FVI.V KCO.TO MTS.V PLL.V SKR.TO TYS.V
ARL.TO CPY.V FWR.V KGN.V MUN.TO PLY.V SLD.V UMJ.V
ARU.V CRG.TO G.TO KMK.V MXD.V PMI.V SLK.V UNB.V
ATN.TO CTQ.TO GAP.V KNB.V NAU.V PMM.V SLW.TO UNR.V
AUL.V CUU.V GBG.TO KNP.V NCM.V PNL.V SMF.TO URC.V
AUN.V CVV.V GEM.V KRX.V NDM.V POM.V SML.V UUU.V
AXU.TO CXX.V GGN.TO LBE.V NEM PSE.V SOH.V VAN.V
BAA.TO CZZ.TO GIX.V LGR.V NEV.V PTM.TO SOI.V VCG.V
BAJ.V DDN.V GLD.V LIM.TO NFR.V QAU.V SOR.V VGQ.TO
BAY.V DAL.V GLQ.TO LRR.TO NG.TO QTA.V SOX.V VGZ.TO
BCM.V DMM.V GMC.V LSG.TO NGG.V R.V SRM.V VITL
BFD.V DNT.TO GMI.V LTH.V NKW.V RDN.V SSO.TO VSM.V
BGL.V DOS.V GPE.V LUN.TO NNO.TO RDU.V STM.V WGP.V
BHP.V DRK.V GPJ-H.V MAD.V NOC.TO RES.V SUL.V WKR.V
BIM.TO DYG.V GPO.V MAG.V NOM.V RFM.V SVL.V WLF.TO
BL.V EDR.TO GPR.to MAI.V NSE.V RG.V SVM.TO WPT.TO
BOB.V EDV.TO GRG.V MAJ.V NUC.V RGZ.V SVU.to WRN.TO
BVG.V ELR.TO GRS.TO MDR.V NUS.V RHJI.BR SWC.V WST.V
BVT.V EMX.V GSM.V MDW.V NUX.V RML.V SWG.TO XRC.V
BZA.TO EPL.V GWY.V ME.TO NVT.V RMX.TO SWY.TO YGI.V
BZM.TO EPM.TO GYD.V ORL.TO RNG.TO TAH.TO YRI.TO
BZO.V ER.TO GZZ.V ORM.V ROK.V TAL.V
CAO.V ESO.V HAT.V PAW-H.V RPT.V TBD.V

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fakena Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2908 of 3296
Subject: Re: my watchlist/portfolio Date: 12/27/2006 4:00 AM
Recommendations: 2
I see a svl.v and a coal-bed methane in china stock but no slv.v coal bed methane in Nova Scotia stock. Stealth definitely has major prospect in the Springhill and Stellarton coalfields. Both are thought to contain plenty of methane gas. Both are within miles of a major pipeline and probably would have access to provincial funds to get that coalbed into a provincial revenue generator once again.

Since your list seemed to be short, just thought I'd offer up another for you.

Author: sahfee Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2918 of 3296
Subject: Re: my watchlist/portfolio Date: 1/2/2007 7:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks, fakena.

I have heard people mention Stealth Ventures before. It looks interesting. Both stocks are down with the gas price. I lost a fair amount on another CBM venture and am aware of all the problems that can arise. The founder Randhawa of Strathmore is also the head of PCE.V. They are working on getting more land in China. On one of PCE's properties the guesstimate is over 5Tcf gas. At present they have about the same as SLV.V in CBM land, about 80,000 hectares. Cheers

Author: fakena Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2953 of 3296
Subject: Re: my watchlist/portfolio Date: 1/15/2007 12:45 AM
Recommendations: 2
May as well throw in my holdings in this thread as well.

ADA-X Acadian Gold 16.4%
ANC-X Angoss Software 2.9
CDN-X CanaDream 9.6
CWA.UN-T Coast Wholesale Appliance 10.8
DY-T Dynatec 11.0
IAC-T Amisco 1.5
ID-N L1-Identity Solutions 0.0
LVH-X Las Vegas From Home 0.0
MXG-T Maxim Power 8.8
MGO-X Migao 3.7
NHG-X Northampton Group 13.3
PIH-X Pacific Insight 1.0
RPC-T Revenue Properties 1.0
RUS-T Russel Metals 5.3
SLV-X Stealth Ventures 1.7
SNF.UN-T Spinrite 2.5
THI-T Tim Hortons 4.8
VIS-X Visiphor 0.0
CASH 5.0

Due to quick rounding that only adds up to 99.3% but that's the portfolio and basically the weighting of holdings. Recently sold final bit of Crew Gold which was still about 7.7% and added Migao. Possible addition from remaining cash maybe Linamar,Empire,Xceed Mortgage or UFI Income Fund. HSE Integrated, Seaspan, and Caterpillar look interesting. Several hundred on a watchlist to browse through as well. CPI Plastic, Danier Leather, Dorel, Loblaws, Taiga, Hart Stores, MTI and Shermag may get a look as well.

Author: fakena Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2954 of 3296
Subject: Re: my watchlist/portfolio Date: 1/15/2007 10:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
Well after reading Migao's Sept 2006 year end numbers I used the cash in port to bump that holding up to 8.8%.

Good looking numbers $16 million in cash and total of all debt is only $10 million. EPS was 37 cents per share (pre-tax,still mainly tax free)for the year which finished operations with design capacity of 120,000 tonnes. And already operating 50% above that at 180,000 tonnes with another 45% (80,000 tonnes) being added before end of calendar year 07.

Looked to good not to buy more.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement