UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Charlie48K Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76883  
Subject: Re: Keogh/IRA contibution? Date: 9/25/2001 10:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife, a former courter reporter, from time to time receives income from transcriping the proceedings she reported. She is obligated to prepare transcripts on request. Her Keogh Plan at Schwab was been rolled over to an IRA several years ago. This year her income is a little under $1,000. Can she put any part of this money into a deferred compensation plan? If so, what type of plan and how much?

Although we are both retired, neither of us has drawn from our from our IRAs.

As long as she has what the IRS calls "modified adjusted gross income," she can probavly contribute to an IRA or Roth. Probably up to $1000 if that's her modified adjusted gross income under the IRS definition. It's all explained in IRS Publication 590. That's available here:

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Supernova Explorer 1

The Follies of Market Timing
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.