Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jasmada One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19349  
Subject: Re: Nursing Homes likelihood Date: 2/24/2000 10:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife just retired at age 56 and has purchased long term health care. (good for her what a wise decision) I retired several years ago and am now 64
and considering purchasing coverage (try to purchase with the company that covers her so that you can get the spousal discount make sure it is retroactive in nature). David Baze's article opens many questions to my purchase which would be
much more expensive (not terribly approx. 15% more if it is with a reputable company) than my wife's and apparantly, much less valuable (not at all you always have control over the plan you choose based on your health and finances, you are no less important and cannot control what type of care "if any" that you will need). Are there any statistics on the use of
HOME health care by men and women who qualify for assistance with several of the daily life activities?(this is a good but not so important statistic do not let this be the dictator for protecting your assets what you have to ask yourself is will the plan that my wife has and the one that I choose protect our assets so that we can accomplish our goals) Do not let statistics be the cause of you purchasing or not purchasing coverage)

I expect to remain at home should alzheimers or another ailment strike and require home care. ( or just hanging christmas lights with a faulty ladder or hosing down the roof of the motorhome or cleaning the patio) My younger wife should probably outlive me (the statistics usually point in that direction).
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement