Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
N7 -

Perhaps you should look into having more withheld from the part-time job paycheck so that you do not have to worry about quarterly or year-end payments. Also, if you handle the tax through adjustment to that paycheck, you will not need to remember to re-adjust any pension/SS withholding once you stop the pt work (assuming your tax liability is reduced without the pt job income).

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.