UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jlmpoetalk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62  
Subject: NAME OF PORTFOLIO CRITICAL TO ITS SUCCESS Date: 9/29/2000 12:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
SUCCESS IS THE RESULT OF ATTENTION PAID TO THE MOST MINUTE OF DETAILS. HOW MANY INVESTORS REGARD AT ALL THE NAME THEY PLACE UPON THEIR OWN PORTFOLIO? I'D SAY VERY FEW, GIVEN WHAT ONE FINDS IN THE PROFESSIONAL FUND RANKS. NAMES LIKE: small cap fund; large cap fund; global health care, etc. WITH SLEEPY TIME LABELS LIKE THAT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IN RETURNS FROM SUCH A PORTFOLIO THAT BEARS THE BURDEN OF SUCH HO HUM NOMENCLATURE?

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH ATTENTION IS PAID TO THE NAME. IT SETS AN ATTITUDE FOR THE OWNER. IT TRANSMITS THE ENERGIES OF THE OWNER. IT'S DEFINITELY A MYSTICAL PHENOMENON, A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE. TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT , I SUBMIT TO YOU THE NAME OF MY PORTFOLIO...WHICH IS LOADED EXCLUSIVELY WITH BIO-TECH STOCKS...A MUTUAL FUND ALL OF ITS OWN IF YOU WANT TO COUNT THE NUMBER OF COMPANYS REPRESENTED. AT ANY RATE, AFTER THE LAST BIG FALL OF BIO-TECH, WHEN I TUMBLED DOWN THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF STAIRS WITHIN TWENTY FOUR HOURS, I DECIDED TO ADJUST BOTH MY ATTITUDE AND CONSEQUENTLY THE ATTITUDE OF MY PORTFOLIO ITSELF (IT IS A LIVING ENTITY, IT HAS YOUR HEART, PUMPS YOUR BLOOD, IT MUST NEVER BE REGARDED AS INANIMATE IN ANY WAY, FOR THAT WILL PROVE A FATAL FLAW).

I CHANGED ITS NAME FROM JOHNNY'S STOCK SOUP TO " JOHNNY'S HAIL MARY PORTFOLIO". AND THE NAME OF MY VIEW? "JOHNNY, GET YOUR GUN". SINCE THEN BOTH OF US TOGETHER DON'T GIVE A HORSE'S PATOOTY ABOUT UP OR DOWN. THE NAME IS IN THE FAITH. THE FAITH IS IN THE NAME. THE WHOLE GAME IS ON A HAIL MARY. AND THAT'S SOME POWERFUL STUFF. WE'RE TALKIN PRAYER HERE PEOPLE...AROUND FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS...STRONG....THE EPITIME OF SURVIVAL ITSELF. THAT'S A WINNING ENERGY. IT'S DEATH AND BIRTH AND LOSS AND GAIN. IT'S ALWAYS THERE AND SO IT SHALL REMAIN. THAT'S STRATAGY. ME AND MY PORTFOLIO, CUSTOM FASHIONED TO PULL OFF A MIRACLE OF MIRACULOUS TECHNOLOGY.

HOW CAN IT LOSE THE GAME WITH A PRAYER FILLED NAME? IT CAN'T LOSE IN THE COMBAT AGAINST THE EVIL DEMONS WHO WANT TO KEEP US SICK AND DYING AND BROKE. EVIL WILTS IN THE LAZER RAYS OF PRAYER.

YES, ATTENTION TO THE NAME IS OF CRITICAL MASS. SO GIVE YOUR PORTFOLIO THE NAME OF SOME KIND OF PRAYER THAT YOU KNOW AND ARE COMFORTABLE WITH, AND YOU JUST WATCH YOUR STOCKS START FLYING, LIKE BUSTER BROWN SHOES.

THOSE SHOES. IT WAS ALL IN THE NAME. YOU COULD NOT LOSE . REMEMBER THAT OLD RADIO SPOT? "MY NAME IS BUSTER BROWN! I LIVE IN A SHOE!

THEY SOLD A LOTTA SHOES ON A WING AND A PRAYER.

SO PICK YOUR PORTFOLIO NAME WELL FOOLS, OR YOU MIGHT JUST END OF PICKING YOUR NOSE.

HEY FOOLS, I'M TELLIN YA IT WORKS. WOULD I FOOL YA? THAT WOULD BE FOOLISH!

HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE, THE LORD IS WITH THEE....
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement