Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

What I am refering to is not housing allowance - something used to pay current expenses - but housing equity allowance.

Now I see -

Since I do not live in a parsonage I do not get an equity allowance. A friend of mine who is also a minister locally went from a congragation that provided housing to one which didn't. He tried to draw out the equity allowance he had accumulated over the years so he could use the money to purchase the house, but the financial office would not let him do that. They said it was, in essence, part of his retirement. Maybe that is the way that works.

Can't you get some clarification on this from the ELCA Board of Pensions?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.