UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Clemson1966 Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7921  
Subject: Natioal Bank of Greece Date: 4/3/2012 6:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What are thoughts and comments on NBG over the next 5 years?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TriangleAnomaly One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7888 of 7921
Subject: Re: Natioal Bank of Greece Date: 4/3/2012 8:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
What are thoughts and comments on NBG over the next 5 years?

Shirley you jest!

(That's your cue . . . .)

_________

It's a small world after all,
Its a small world after all,
It's a small word after all,
Its a small, small world.

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz,
Oh what a relief it is . . .

What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
Ear-leye in the morning?

This was the best I could do on short notice. Get these songs percolating in your brain.

If the word "National (or even "Natioal") somehow starts to work its way into your consciousness, sing one of these songs very loudly, ignoring the puzzled stares of everyone around you. Do not be embarrassed; it is an emergency. Get your mind vacant and empty ASAP.

If you feel very self-conscious at the irritated looks of people near you, smile at them and say, "I have new socks!!" They will leave you alone.

Although I have tried to help, I sense that you are headed for disaster. You have my best hopes and wishes as you battle this personal demon-temptation.

Rich
Triangle Anomaly

Author: TMFTheSnake Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7889 of 7921
Subject: Re: Natioal Bank of Greece Date: 4/4/2012 5:03 AM
Recommendations: 1
Clemson1966

To add to TriangleAnomoly's thoughts, I would say that the "National" in NBG will take on significantly more meaning (and have "-ized" added to it) in the years ahead. Assuming Greece's economy slows its rapid descent in the next couple years seems optimistic and the country's defection from the euro seems quite likely to me.

If that happens, NBG will need to be massively recapitalized and shareholders will likely be wiped out.

Of course I don't think that will take five years and maybe it will be privatized again within your 5 year window.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement