UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mmomommomo One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35400  
Subject: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
National city bank is offering a 48 month cd at 5.25%. Does anyone know about National city. Is there a rating system for banks. Is this a good rate compared to what else is out there?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PCScipio Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22653 of 35400
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I occasionally use BankRate's ratings (link below). Don't know if there are better ones.

cheers

http://bankrate.com/brm/safesound/ss_home.asp#free

Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22654 of 35400
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 1:40 PM
See www.bestcashcow.com and www.bankrate.com.

Wendy

Author: Lokicious Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22655 of 35400
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 3:31 PM
National city bank is offering a 48 month cd at 5.25%. Does anyone know about National city. Is there a rating system for banks. Is this a good rate compared to what else is out there?

Definitely a good rate. Pen Fed 5-years at 5% and, except a few short term options, I see nothing.

Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22658 of 35400
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 4:41 PM
There is good reason to fear that National City may go belly up in the near future. Stay well under the FDIC limit.

Ditto for Countrywide & Indymac. Both of which I have CDs at. 'course, if they get bought out instead of getting shut down (like Countrywide/BAC) then the new bank will still have to honor the rate. I believe that on a shutdown they can abrogate the rate/terms.

Author: brucedoe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22659 of 35400
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 4:41 PM
If it is FDIC insured, I would go with it. the trend in interest rates looks down, if anything. I suspect that 5.25% APY will look good for the next four years and it is at least a half percent better than you can get on MMFs even now.

We just took out a 7 yr 5.25% APY CD with Pen Fed so we put our money where our mouth is.

brucedoe

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement