UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mmomommomo One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35468  
Subject: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
National city bank is offering a 48 month cd at 5.25%. Does anyone know about National city. Is there a rating system for banks. Is this a good rate compared to what else is out there?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PCScipio Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22653 of 35468
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I occasionally use BankRate's ratings (link below). Don't know if there are better ones.

cheers

http://bankrate.com/brm/safesound/ss_home.asp#free

Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22654 of 35468
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 1:40 PM
See www.bestcashcow.com and www.bankrate.com.

Wendy

Author: Lokicious Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22655 of 35468
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 3:31 PM
National city bank is offering a 48 month cd at 5.25%. Does anyone know about National city. Is there a rating system for banks. Is this a good rate compared to what else is out there?

Definitely a good rate. Pen Fed 5-years at 5% and, except a few short term options, I see nothing.

Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22658 of 35468
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 4:41 PM
There is good reason to fear that National City may go belly up in the near future. Stay well under the FDIC limit.

Ditto for Countrywide & Indymac. Both of which I have CDs at. 'course, if they get bought out instead of getting shut down (like Countrywide/BAC) then the new bank will still have to honor the rate. I believe that on a shutdown they can abrogate the rate/terms.

Author: brucedoe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22659 of 35468
Subject: Re: National city bank Date: 1/11/2008 4:41 PM
If it is FDIC insured, I would go with it. the trend in interest rates looks down, if anything. I suspect that 5.25% APY will look good for the next four years and it is at least a half percent better than you can get on MMFs even now.

We just took out a 7 yr 5.25% APY CD with Pen Fed so we put our money where our mouth is.

brucedoe

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement