UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62034  
Subject: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Germany accused of 'deporting' its elderly: Rising numbers moved to Asia and Eastern Europe because of sky-high care costs

German pensioners are being sent to care homes in Eastern Europe and Asia in what has been described as an ‘inhumane deportation’.

Rising numbers of the elderly and sick are moved overseas for long-term care because of sky-high costs at home.

Some private healthcare providers are even building homes overseas, while state insurers are also investigating whether they can care for their clients abroad.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253922/Germany-accu...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

According to Germany’s federal bureau of statistics, more than 400,000 senior citizens cannot afford a German retirement home, a figure growing by around 5 per cent a year. This is because many are living for longer while their pensions are stagnating.

As a result, the Krankenkassen – or statutory insurers that make up Germany’s state insurance system – are discussing cheaper care in foreign retirement homes.

-----

heh heh....what your future under ObamaKare will look like. A hovel 'home' in Mexico with tacos for breakfast, tacos for lunch and tacos for dinner....or maybe in Thailand with rice for breakfast, rice for lunch and rice for dinner?

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47093 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 4
heh heh....what your future under ObamaKare will look like. A hovel 'home' in Mexico with tacos for breakfast, tacos for lunch and tacos for dinner....or maybe in Thailand with rice for breakfast, rice for lunch and rice for dinner?

Yum! I love both Mexican and Asian food!

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47096 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 7:41 PM
Recommendations: 0
Miss Edith: Yum! I love both Mexican and Asian food! "

I didn't know you were fluent in SPanish and Thai. Thai is really a difficult language to learn, too!....sort of like Chinese with different tones. A sweeping 'up tone'...and sweeping down tone.....and a middle steady tone.

you screw it up and you probably just said something like please polish my leather peas and serve them in vinegar explosion.

t.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47097 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 8:29 PM
Recommendations: 10
Are you not aware, tele, that large numbers of American retirees have moved to South and Central America. Are you not aware that there are apartment and condominium complexes in Mexico, Costa Rica and Nicaragua which have been specifically built for Americans?

Are you not aware that American insurance companies are willing, if not eager, to authorize complicated surgery for their clients in Thailand and India? Medical tourism.

I expect the Daily Mail could make a pretty lurid front page story out of this stuff, about America exporting its elderly and ill. I doubt you'd quote it unless you could find a way to blame it on Obama.

By the way, I've noticed that a lot of right wingers have started quoting the Daily Mail. It reads a lot like the New York Post but is not a Murdock holding.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47099 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 8:34 PM

Heh heh. Never been out of Texas, tele? Thai food is wonderful, especially in Thailand. I wouldn't mind living there. I like it a lot.

Mexican food is wonderful too. I doubt it's wonderful in Texas, but that's your hard luck. There are lots of luxury developments (at good prices) on the Yucatan Peninsula. And it's lovely there, with interesting history and culture.

Really, tele. You need to get out more.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47100 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 8:55 PM
"the Daily Mail.'

excellent paper...you can follow the link off the Drudge report....

and it covers the world...unlike our pages that seem to miss all the bad side of Arab spring intentionally.....

and it covers news in the US that US papers don't cover and networks cover.

When Medicare pays for operations overseas, let me know. It doesn't. It doesn't even cover a splinter removal overseas. Nothing.

Yes, some PRIVATE plans are smart enough to pay for medical tourism. Repeat...PRIVATE...PRIVATE insurance plans....

NOt the gobmint.

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47101 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 9:02 PM
Recommendations: 1
Foolish lives up to his name:

"Heh heh. Never been out of Texas, tele? Thai food is wonderful, especially in Thailand. I wouldn't mind living there. I like it a lot.

Mexican food is wonderful too. I doubt it's wonderful in Texas, but that's your hard luck. There are lots of luxury developments (at good prices) on the Yucatan Peninsula. And it's lovely there, with interesting history and culture.

Really, tele. You need to get out more. "

Tele has been in every county in every state in the country.

Have you?

Tele has been to Thailand twice. Stayed with a friend in Bangkok for the first part of both trips. THen went north to Chiang Mai and south down along the sea......and not to the tourist traps.

Each trip was two weeks. Lived for $25 a day. Met up with some Swedes who spent the winters there...retired....they couldn't afford to stay in Sweden for the winter.....so they spent 5-6 months in Thailand living on $300/month or so. It was nice if you like to lay on the beach....or swelter in the Bangkok heat.....Chiang Mai was a lot nicer but no movies in English.

Spent a few days learning a few sentences and words and grammar in Thai. It is not easy.

Have you been to Thailand? Traveled on our own? Not stayed at a mega resort the whole time?

Didn't think so, foolish

oh, and Thai food is nice but you better like rice. It's rice soup for breakfast.....rice and XX for lunch....rice and XX for dinner.
and when you snack, it's 'sticky rice' for a snack.

It's also very hard to get a ham license there...and of course, you aren't going to own a gun or go hunting....and if you diss the king, they'll throw you in jail and throw away the key.

No thanks.....it's way way way way too hot and humid there. They have too seasons. Hot and humid......and hot and humid and rainy......

t

--------

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47102 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 12/27/2012 9:09 PM
foolish:" There are lots of luxury developments (at good prices) on the Yucatan Peninsula. And it's lovely there, with interesting history and culture."

Been there two...several times. ONce to the Playa with friend SUe...spent 10 days down there...nice in the winter.....but not so nice in the summer - it sizzles....and even in the winter it is 'hot'.....

move into the jungle a bit and its hot and humid.....

Went down on another business trip there. Got shown around. Seen the ruins....interesting history.....

but I don't speak Spanish other than a few phrases, 99% of the TV, the magazines, the newspapers are in Spanish. you are totally out of it unless you either live in a 'foreigner enclave' which many Americans do.....and is more expensive.....or you are isolated elsewhere.

ANd we are talking retirement homes in these places, too!.....which likely would be horribly run. Just go off the main drag one block in Mexico City or any other Mexican town and it turns to slums in 2 blocks.....

No thanks...but if you want to save the US system money, please feel free to leave ..and retire there.... and buy your healthcare there. Medicare doesn't cover you.

I've been there.

Now Bangkok has great hospitals and great everything...including maybe the worlds' worst traffic. and it's not cheap there. But healthcare is cheaper than here.....but it is 90 deg or hotter and humid there..yuk yuk..makes houston look like a picnic.....

t.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47546 of 62034
Subject: Re: National Health Care exports seniors Date: 1/29/2013 5:22 PM
Tele, my medigap covers up to $50k for health services overseas.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement