Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58627  
Subject: National Weight Control Registry Date: 11/14/2012 1:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The National Weight Control Registry is a research project that tracks people who have lost at least 30 lbs. and kept it off for at least a year. The idea is to identify what works so that there is better information out there for people still trying to get to goal weight.

On October 7, I celebrated a year of weight maintenance by going to the National Weight Control Registry site (http://www.nwcr.ws/) and signing up. Or at least starting the process. It didn't take long to be told that the next step was to fill out forms they would send by mail.

The forms came in yesterday's mail, and I sent them off today. For verification of weight loss they want either before and after pictures, or permission to get records from a doctor or paid weight loss program. I have before and after pics, but they're electronic and the reply is snail mail. So I signed to let them bug my doctor.

It now occurs to me that my doctor doesn't yet have a year of keeping it off in her records, and won't until I go in for my physical in February. Oh, well. I'm sure there's a way to work through that.

Patzer
maintaining in the 160-163 range currently
Print the post Back To Top
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57377 of 58627
Subject: Re: National Weight Control Registry Date: 11/14/2012 5:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That's great! And congrats on maintaining a 30+ lb weightloss!

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57381 of 58627
Subject: Re: National Weight Control Registry Date: 11/16/2012 10:20 AM
Recommendations: 0
It now occurs to me that my doctor doesn't yet have a year of keeping it off in her records, and won't until I go in for my physical in February. Oh, well. I'm sure there's a way to work through that.

Can you pop in and just do a weigh-in so she can add it to the records now?

BTW: Congrats on keeping the weight off for a year. That's wonderful!

LWW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement