Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ZenStockHunter Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308  
Subject: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/5/2009 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi All, Anyone have insight why Natus Medical, a strong company with great management and a needed product is plummeting today (down 13% @ 10.80 last check). I know there is fear that hospital spending will be low in '09, but ... any further insight? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pleached Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 288 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/5/2009 3:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I don't see any analyst downgrades or insider sells or other news. Weird.....

Author: pleached Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 289 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/5/2009 4:58 PM
seems to be ticking back up afterhours. i wonder if a fund somewhere was squeezed to payout?

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 290 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/5/2009 5:09 PM
"... i wonder if a fund somewhere was squeezed to payout? "

Fidelity Quote shows about twice average volume, 626,881 shares traded, only one block trade shows, 31,775 shares...

Fido doesn't have any news for BABY, and they provide news from a fair number of sources...Briefing.com doesn't show any downgrades...

Does someone know something... or just a grim outlook for healthcare...

Regards, Ken

Author: 4bees One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 291 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/6/2009 1:06 AM
I bet the market makers were having some "fun" taking out stop-loss orders that people forgot to cancel after 12/31.

Author: ZenStockHunter Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 292 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/6/2009 12:42 PM
Thank you so much for both your responses. Seems logical. Great company ... it makes very little sense, unless someone knows something unfortunate that we don't yet. Again, thank you. - ZSH

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 293 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/6/2009 5:01 PM
I posted this on the HG board today:

rael4mozo posted, "...so I'm wondering if some institution is unloading a large block.""

My response, "Certainly possible, although Fidelity trading software quote for today[01/06] shows 870,991 shares traded. Of those trades there were 2 block trades for a total of 23,000 shares."

Regards, Ken (Long BABY)

Author: Ollos Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 294 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/6/2009 7:03 PM
Just my luck to buy into a downturn. I think I bought at the high today.This is part of my IRA and I was looking for a reason to jump. Under 12 looked good to me, now under 10 looks smart. Its a long term investment but I hate it when I buy and it tanks. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 295 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/6/2009 7:15 PM
"Just my luck to buy into a downturn."

Yup... the 13 day ema crossed below the 50 day ema in late Sept @ about $22/sh and the trend has been down since then. I will watch for a change in the direction and maybe then add to my position.

Take care, Ken

Author: coreycroo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 296 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/8/2009 11:54 AM
I bought 500 shares at $10.80 on 1/06. Been watching this stock for a while now and this seemed to be a very attractive entry level. Everything looks good with BABY financially and no news as of today. Will probably buy more if it breaches $9.00, as I believe a rebound based on valuation seems likely. Just my opinion here.

Tom

Author: rivka42 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 299 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/16/2009 10:54 AM
I always buy a stock as it tanks, in Fact I thought I should post when I am buying so others can wait for the dip. I don't like reading comments like' maybe others know something we dont know yet". I thought it was not supposed to be that way, that kind of knowing is illegal? trading on private info? I may be a newbie, but I really hope there is some chance for the market to return to good companies doing well(for real as opposed to just on paper), and we all read it together. otherwise there is no chance for people like me.... I like this company alot, and I am buying it again, today (already did). so wait a week.
rivka

Author: pleached Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/20/2009 10:57 AM
rivka:

see this: http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=ne...

stock is down today because uncertain market conditions caused BABY to guide very conservatively for 2009 ( flat sales and slighly down rev due to dilution). The market is opaque to the point that BABY has suspended its acquisition program for now ( though they still have the resources and desire to continue growth by acquistion ). If you can be patient, I think you'll be fine. But as with everything else in this market, monitor closely.

best,
dan

Author: wolfhounds One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 301 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/21/2009 9:36 AM
I agree with your comments. Baby is being affected in the same manner other medical device companies as hospitals hold off purchases. But management has demonstrated superior ability to not only expand product lines, but also make add-on acquisitions which are immediately accretive. If you believe that this company is well positioned for future years then yesterday's sell-off is a great opportunity.

Author: Fuzzer1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 302 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 1/26/2009 3:59 PM
I've been wathcing this as well and agree that it seems attractive. I have one question--Does anybody have any ideas on why the insider ownership is so low?

Author: gmckinn49 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 303 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 3/17/2010 1:51 AM
Hi,

I still own Natus Medical that I bought in sept 2008.
Costed $17.01 and is currently $14.29!!1

Do you still own it? Guess I was asleep at the switch...

I am going to sell tomorrow.

Author: pleached Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 304 of 308
Subject: Re: Natus Medical BABY - 1/5/09 Nose Dive Date: 3/17/2010 12:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
why sell? They should be almost done digesting a very large acquisition and they look to further acquistions later this year ( I'm guessing Q3 because that is their sweet spot ). They went in to the downturn with cash to spend and when the recovery is complete they'll be a more powerful company than before the downturn, which sounds like just what a person would like to see...

best,
dan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement