No. of Recommendations: 8
snip
"Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-O...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Looks like....

LM and NTH were trolling Drudge at the same time:

http://www.drudgereport.com/
No. of Recommendations: 0
" Looks like....
"

again, padre get's it wrong, again
again, padre get's it wrong, again

mmm hmmm.... sure.
LM and NTH were trolling Drudge at the same time:

It doesn't change the fact the prez was nothing more than an observer and now making a disgrace of himself.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"‘I think every president would have done the same. He is justified in saying it was his decision but the preparation, the sacrifice - it was a broader team effort.’"

Read it ALL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-O...
-------------------------------

That's from, Ryan Zinke, who just happens to be a Republican Senator. I turned on my BS detector and got a full scale deflection.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"‘I think every president would have done the same. He is justified in saying it was his decision but the preparation, the sacrifice - it was a broader team effort.’"

Read it ALL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-O......
-------------------------------

That's from, Ryan Zinke, who just happens to be a Republican Senator. I turned on my BS detector and got a full scale deflection.

The SEALs are slamming the prez. That is the bottom line as to what anyone has to say.

And of all people...Bill Clinton, who failed numerous times to have the guts to take OBL out narrating the prez ad...lol.
rest of the world reporting on what a sleazebag Obama is.

US media stays silent.

Folks can read the UK papers and get the real news.

at least until Obama turns that off too

t.
Obama....taking credit for others hard work.

Grandstanding.....

now it is the commie 'Forward' of the Marxist movements. What a disaster

this will be next.....

http://www.t3licensing.com/video/clip/524C121_017.do

t
No. of Recommendations: 82
"The SEALs are slamming the prez. That is the bottom line as to what anyone has to say."

Sure they are. Except that any Seal worth his salt would not 'slam' his commander in chief.

"And of all people...Bill Clinton, who failed numerous times to have the guts to take OBL out narrating the prez ad...lol."

Lol, indeed. You need a history lesson. Clinton tried to take out bin Laden before most of us knew the name. He tried to warn Bush about al Qaeda. Clinton got closer to taking him out - by far - than anyone else, until Obama gave the order that did it.

You Obama haters really don't like that he did it, but he did. Bin Laden is dead. Thank you, President Obama. If you can't bring yourself to say that, at the very least, to your President, then invoke that golden rule your mother taught you. Just keep your mouth shut.
No. of Recommendations: 4
"rest of the world reporting on what a sleazebag Obama is."

Wow. You guys must REALLY hate Romney, if Obama is a sleazebag (for doing what Bush failed to do). You know, since he said he would NOT have gone after bin Laden, and would NOT have gone after him into Pakistan -- but NOW he says he would have made the same decision. WTF? Did he just flip-flop his way into sleazebagdom for you guys?

Let me guess...
No. of Recommendations: 6
Actually, several things.

One, the story is all over the place. Who care if Drudge picked it up. That's Bill's lame attempt at attacking th piece's credibility.

Secondly, when Arianna Huffington calls the ad ("despicable" I believe was her word), it should be a signal that zero went too far.

Thirdly, Obama misquoted Romney and took him completely out of context. Big shocker there. Even Hillary! said the same thing Mitt did on the campaign trail: you may or may not invade an ally to serve the national interest. What you don't do is flap your gums about it.. Obama, by doing so then and now, is broadcasting to the world what a total amateur he is.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Incredible. What exploding cigar will Obama smoke next?
No. of Recommendations: 35
Actually, several things.

Yes, it’s wrong to exploit military success for partisan advantage, unless you’re a Republican.

..... Republicans in 2004 simply depicted Bush as “a strong leader. You don’t see him saying, ‘and that guy [John Kerry] would have done something different.’ ”

Really? Let’s go back and look at the 2004 campaign. Let’s see what McCain, Gillespie, and other Bush surrogates said about Kerry, Iraq, and Saddam Hussein.

In December 2003, U.S. forces captured Saddam in Iraq. He had been hiding in a hole in the ground. Two months later, as Kerry began to wrap up the Democratic presidential nomination, Gillespie, who was then the RNC chairman, embarked on a media tour to brand Kerry a wimp. Here’s Gillespie on CBS in February 2004: “If his policies were in place, Saddam Hussein would not only be in Baghdad; he'd still be in Kuwait.”

That summer, Gillespie turned the Republican National Convention into a martial victory parade. Speaker after speaker bragged that Bush had defeated, deposed, and captured Saddam—and that Kerry couldn’t be trusted to make such tough calls. “We have captured or killed hundreds of al-Qaida,” Vice President Dick Cheney crowed. “In Iraq, we dealt with a gathering threat and removed the regime of Saddam Hussein. … Tonight he sits in jail.” Cheney went on: “Time and again, Sen. Kerry has made the wrong call on national security. … America needs and America has a president we can count on to get it right.”

McCain, the main speaker on the convention’s opening night, hailed Bush’s courage: “He ordered American forces to Afghanistan and took the fight to our enemies, and away from our shores, seriously injuring al-Qaida and destroying the regime that gave them safe haven. … President Bush made the difficult decision to liberate Iraq. … We need a leader with the experience to make the tough decisions and the resolve to stick with them.”

At their 2004 convention, Republicans did two things Obama hasn’t mustered the chutzpah to try. First, they assigned a major speaking role to Tommy Franks, the general who had overseen the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. Franks used his prestige as a war hero to recommend a vote for Bush over Kerry:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2...
Sure they are. Except that any Seal worth his salt would not 'slam' his commander in chief.

Any President worth his salt does not brag and steal the glory from those who did the job...and especially after having been drag from the golf course to get in the photo op. The prezbo is dirt.
Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 40
It's about decision-making, you jerks. Everyone knows Obama didn't assault that compound. Eisenhower didn't jump into Normandy, either.

You're all the same boneheads who continue to mock Jimmy Carter for taking the same kind of risky decision some thirty years ago [but which led to disastrous results]. And you're the small imbeciles who kept telling us how many terrorist plots Bush foiled after 9-11 [the one that succeeded]. And just what would we be hearing if the Bush administration had iced Bin Laden?

yeah, yeah.

Schvitz
No. of Recommendations: 74
The title should say "PARTISAN REPUBLICANS SLAM the prez and some of them were SEALS!"

First quoted former SEAL is a current Republican Senator. Next one is the famous sniper Kyle, who seems to be good at making things up (while a great shot....it seems funny he claims to have punched out Jesse Ventura).

This is just the same old Republican media, giving out the same, tired lies. BUT...EVEN IN the story, you find this statement from a former SEAL: "Obama inherited a very robust package with regards to special ops and the intelligence community. But Obama deserves credit because he got bin Laden – you can’t take that away from him.

‘My friends that work in Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that have been on video teleconferences with Obama on these kill or capture situations say that Obama has no issue whatsoever with making decisions and typically it's kill. He’s hitting the kill button every time. I have a lot of respect for him for that."

So maybe the title should read : "PARTISAN REPUBLICANS SLAM the prez and some of them were SEALS but some give him credit for killing bin Laden and say you can't take that away from him!"

Headlines are nice.

Reading stories are nice.

Reality is better.

Fact is, Obama made a gutsy call and bin Laden is dead, and we have thousands of documents that aid our battle with Al Qaeda! IF you don't like THAT....well......kinda suggests you don't really like America, eh?

Bush was the worst President in the history of the US.
"Bush was the worst President in the history of the US."

And Romney wants a run for the title.

Ken
You Obama haters really don't like that he did it, but he did. Bin Laden is dead. Thank you, President Obama. If you can't bring yourself to say that, at the very least, to your President, then invoke that golden rule your mother taught you. Just keep your mouth shut.

It's not a new idea. An oldie, but a goodie..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs
you jerks.

You're all the same boneheads

you're the small imbeciles

Oh dear...tsk, tsk...

My feelings are soooooo hurt...
Careful. If that goes viral, they'll claim Obama killed Bambi's mother (when everyone knows it was Ted Nugent).

Ken
"The prezbo is dirt." -LurkerMom

Yes, we know. You have been consistently saying as much since before he was inaugurated. And you think prezBU was just a peachy prez, and did nothing wrong.

You ARE consistent, I'll grant you that.
Incredible. What exploding cigar will Obama smoke next?

It must be all that stuff the prez snorted that gives him the illusions of being a super hero.

My but the lefties are in a tizzy over the prez and his hot air. It's got to be tough on them when even the Navy Seals are pi$$ed at the prez.
Folks can read the UK papers and get the real news.

And when those same UK papers reported critiques and attacks on GWB, was that real news to you then, or is it real news only when it serves your purposes?

Charlie
"It must be all that stuff the prez snorted that gives him the illusions of being a super hero."

You mean the awol coke snorter who wore the flight suit under the big 'Mission Accomplished' banner? Yes, he's pretty delusional.
No. of Recommendations: 68
Any President worth his salt does not brag and steal the glory from those who did the job

====================
Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who’ve worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our shores.

====================

What positively horrible things to say.

The prezbo is dirt.

Oh, wait...

Speck
No. of Recommendations: 7
No, what you have is some seal somewhere being used to try to swiftboat Obama in the same way that the right wing haters swift boated Kerry.

You have a Republican president who gave up on Osama bin laden and then had himself flown onto an aircraft carrier so that he could pose under a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

On the other hand you have Obama taking office half a decade later, renewing the effort to get bin laden, and getting him.

So, this being a severe weakpoint for the Republicans, they have to try to fill the airwaves with a talking point that accuses Obama of doing what they themselves are doing.
And of all people...Bill Clinton, who failed numerous times to have the guts to take OBL out narrating the prez ad...lol.

Don't be so hard on Clinton. After all he did shoot that camel in the butt with a missle.
Bush was the worst President in the history of the US.

Can't be repeated often enough.

The prezbo is dirt.

Oh, wait...

Speck

ROFLMAO

You were right to include that wait in your response.

Yes on the day of the raid, Obama's speechwriters said put the right thing on his teleprompter.

Of course the real Obama came out after that might many time. It might be funny that you missed all the other Obama rhetoric, if it was not rather pathetic.
"Bush was the worst President in the history of the US.

---
Can't be repeated often enough. "

Until Obama....

Can't be repeated often enough

t.
Really? Let’s go back and look at the 2004 campaign. Let’s see what McCain, Gillespie, and other Bush surrogates said about Kerry, Iraq, and Saddam Hussein.

Hey genius. Notice that one little word in there: surrogates.

Yes, in a political campaign we expect "surrogates" to trumpet your success.

But, frankly, it's crass, unprofessional, amatuer, and undignified for the President HIMSELF to brag about it.

But crass, unprofessional, amateur, and undignified are the defining chracteristics of the Obama Administration.

P.S. I hope this doesn't put me on Obama's Nixonian enemies list.
Lurkermom,

you are antiAmerican.

You are coming out against what this country needs every day and in every way.

Dave
<<<Bush was the worst President in the history of the US.>>>

<<<Can't be repeated often enough.>>>

They are aboslutely shameless in their stupidity.

No wonder it can't be fixed.
My my...you lefties are really upset because the Navy SEALS slammed the prez. I'm just sitting back here laughing at all of you because the truth hurts with what they had to say.

So keep up the attack, excuses and etc. The bottom line is the SEALS and a host of others who count disapprove with the pompous prez...and rightly so.
You mean the awol coke snorter who wore the flight suit under the big 'Mission Accomplished' banner? Yes, he's pretty delusional.

The Navy SEALS called out the prez...deal with it.
No. of Recommendations: 59
But, frankly, it's crass, unprofessional, amatuer, and undignified for the President HIMSELF to brag about it.

How is it that President Obama is "dirt", "unprofessional", "undignified". etc. etc. for touting his leadership in capturing bin Laden different than these folks taking their own sorts of credit?:

"The most important thing we did was after 9/11 we prevented all further mass casualty attacks on the United States"
--Dick Cheney

"The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding."
-- George W. Bush

"Nineteen months ago, I pledged that the terrorists would not escape the patient justice of the United States. And as of tonight, nearly one-half of al-Qaida's senior operatives have been captured or killed."
-- George W. Bush

Really, folks. Trumpeting one's successes is what a politician does. Had the mission to capture bin Laden failed, Obama would have taken the blame (as did Carter), and we would still not be hearing the end of it from some of the more partisan.

So you don't like the President. I get it. We all get it. But calling him names for taking credit for an accomplishment of his leadership strikes me as, well, "crass, unprofessional, amatuer, and undignified".

Speck
Really, folks. Trumpeting one's successes is what a politician does. Had the mission to capture bin Laden failed, Obama would have taken the blame (as did Carter), and we would still not be hearing the end of it from some of the more partisan.

Except that's not what Obama's doing. Obama's running around distorting others' comments, grabbing credit for himself, and using it to raise absurd hypotheticals regarding Mitt Romney.

When you've lost Arianna Huffington, you know you've screwed up. Her word for what Obama is doing? Despicable.
"The Navy SEALS called out the prez...deal with it."

There's nothing to deal with. A few partisan duds that are not worthy of the uniform show disrespect for the country and bad mouth their Commander in Chief.

You applaud. No surprise there. Much ado about nothing. Nothing worthy of a second glance.

Let us know if you stumble upon a real issue.
There's nothing to deal with. A few partisan duds that are not worthy of the uniform show disrespect for the country and bad mouth their Commander in Chief.

You applaud. No surprise there. Much ado about nothing. Nothing worthy of a second glance.

Let us know if you stumble upon a real issue.

lol...Much ado about nothing? Why then do you keep replying to me with your inane BS water carrying for the prez?
"lol...Much ado about nothing? Why then do you keep replying to me..."

Stand by for my answer.
Stand by for my answer.

Really? I should just waste my time waiting for you? bwahaha...Sorry. I'm off the coffee break now and back outdoors.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Just the Queen of Mean doing what she always does.
lifting her skirt and taking a pee on the President of the United States.

Nothing new.
Nothing original.
Same old same old.
Just the Queen of Mean doing what she always does.
lifting her skirt and taking a pee on the President of the United States.

What's that goatender? Telling the truth the Navy SEALS are po'ed at the prez....Well, then, I'm mean.
I'm saying it like it is...deal with it.

"Mission Accomplished"

Charlie
I prefer not to touch or respond to filth.

You are a braver soul than I. :)

Wessex
The few disrespectful partisan individuals quoted here are no more representative of 'the Navy SEALs' than LurkerMom is representative of 'women'.
The few disrespectful partisan individuals quoted here are no more representative of 'the Navy SEALs' than LurkerMom is representative of 'women'.

Oh and btw...You and your ilk attacked me personally. I did not repay any of you in kind. I attacked public figures who are fair game. Tell me again how sweet and nice you lefties are...?
The lefties again proved they cannot be civil towards fellow posters with opposing pov's. tsk.

And while I am at it never did I attack any from the left when George Bush was our President with all the horrific and disgusting things said about former President Bush.

Yes, the left just cannot control themselves.
[ The few disrespectful partisan individuals quoted here are no more representative of 'the Navy SEALs' than LurkerMom is representative of 'women'. ]

"Oh and btw...You and your ilk attacked me personally."

Climb down off your horse there little lady. When did I attack you personally? If anything, you attacked me. That's ok, though.

"I did not repay any of you in kind. I attacked public figures who are fair game. Tell me again how sweet and nice you lefties are...?
The lefties again proved they cannot be civil towards fellow posters with opposing pov's. tsk."

Who told you 'lefties' were sweet and nice? Do you think YOU are sweet and nice?

"And while I am at it never did I attack any from the left when George Bush was our President with all the horrific and disgusting things said about former President Bush."

Good thing, because he was the worst prez in modern history and deserved most of the thing said about him.

"Yes, the left just cannot control themselves."

And you can? After admonishing me about 'why do you keep responding to me', you just can't seem to help yourself. Who is really out of control?
"Hey genius."

I know you think you are being sarcastic but relatively speaking you might not be.

"But, frankly, it's crass, unprofessional, amatuer, and undignified for the President HIMSELF to brag about it.

But crass, unprofessional, amateur, and undignified are the defining chracteristics of the Obama Administration."

Do you have a problem with President Obama trumpeting his successes or any president trumpeting his successes? Probably only president Obama because I am fairly sure you weren't whining when President Bush did similar things.
"Probably only president Obama because I am fairly sure you weren't whining when President Bush did similar things."

Do you mean like "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" while taking a very expensive ride in a fighter jet.

Damn the cost get this show on the road!

Yep, no showboating by those cost conscious RINOs.
Do you have a problem with President Obama trumpeting his successes or any president trumpeting his successes? Probably only president Obama because I am fairly sure you weren't whining when President Bush did similar things.

When you slyly question people if they treated Bush the same way they treat Obama, do you know how ridiculous you look to everyone? You are acting the same way you accuse them of acting.
When you slyly question people if they treated Bush the same way they treat Obama, do you know how ridiculous you look to everyone? You are acting the same way you accuse them of acting.

Who says he's acting? Remember, these are the same people who screamed bloody murder at the mere image of a 9/11 funeral in a 2004 campaign ad. Remember that?

Now that it's Obama, it's all good. You're not dealing with people who give a rip about consistency.

The prezbo is dirt.

Those who regret his success in smoking that bastard are treasonous filth.
And you can? After admonishing me about 'why do you keep responding to me', you just can't seem to help yourself. Who is really out of control?

As I said...why do you keep responding to me if you dislike what I have to say? Your replies are all the same. You cannot stick to any subject but bring up straw men thinking you have a reply. The subject is the prez and the SEALs and yet you constantly bring up Bush in most threads as if it is suppose to relevant to the discussions.

Oh, and you know for a fact I most often ignore your replies, but thought I'd humor you in this thread.

Now run along and bother someone else...
"As I said...why do you keep responding to me if you dislike what I have to say? Your replies are all the same."

I said the same to you, dear lady.

"You cannot stick to any subject but bring up straw men thinking you have a reply. The subject is the prez and the SEALs and yet you constantly bring up Bush in most threads as if it is suppose to relevant to the discussions."

The subject is bogus, as I and others have pointed out. You post BS like this because you want to attack and demean the President. You keep saying 'the SEALs', but what you really mean is a few dissidents who are willing top publicly disdain your country and the office of the President. They don't deserve the uniform. It isn't 'the SEALs' doing anything (and if it were, you would not know about it). You should avoid speaking of things about which you know very little. You claimed that Obama was 'just an Observer' in an operation where he, as Commander in Chief was in command. That is woefully ignorant of how things actually work.

As far as Bush goes, let me remind you that YOU brought up Bill Clinton, yet you want to chastise me for bringing up Bush? Not too logical, eh? Surely you can see that?

It just really pains you Righties that Obama succeeded in doing what Bush the Lesser failed to do.

Thank you, President Obama.
Every cheap shot in the dirty politics play book will be tried to invalidate the resounding success of the OBL mission. Karl Rove must be working overtime on it.

There is a classly way of doing this and a unclassy way of doing this, especially in military operations.

True leaders give all the credit to their subordinates, especially the men and women who are figuratively and literally "in the trenches". These leaders carefully avoid the word "I", "me", and "my." Those words are reserved for when operations fail.

Ike famously gave all credit to his soldiers after Normandy. Prior to the operation, he penned an announcement for in the event the operation failed. In it, he took all the blame.

I don't have a problem with President discussing their successful political policies. That is necessary for campaigns.

But when it comes to military operations where other people were the ones who acutally put their life on the line, real leaders step back and give them the credit.

It's called "being Presidential."
Ike famously gave all credit to his soldiers after Normandy. Prior to the operation, he penned an announcement for in the event the operation failed. In it, he took all the blame.

That is true. Eisenhower, was a fiscal conservative, who as the Commander of 'Operation Overlord', did not need to prove his military credentials to anybody. Despite the hysterical atmosphere of the cold war, he refused to capitulate to some of the more outlandish demands for military spending and his repeated enquiries about the health of General Zhukov, imprisoned by Stalin, are indicative of his recognition of the huge Russian military contribution to defeating the Nazis. His military experience and antipathy to reckless spending? One would search long and hard to find a politician who comes close to Eisenhower in the 21st century. His words still resonate today:

In the councils of government, we must guard against unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist... a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity.. the prospect for domination of the nation's scholars by federal employment, project allocations and the power of money is ever present.. and is gravely to be regarded Dwight Ike Eisenhower
"But when it comes to military operations where other people were the ones who acutally put their life on the line, real leaders step back and give them the credit.

---

Can you think of a President in the last 30 years or so that meets your definition?
"But when it comes to military operations where other people were the ones who acutally put their life on the line, real leaders step back and give them the credit.

---

Can you think of a President in the last 30 years or so that meets your definition?

I can't think of a single President in the last 30 years who consistently used "I", "me", and "my" in the way Obama did when it came to military operations. But if you have an example, let me know and I'll reconsider it. So, tenatively, I'd have to say EVERY President for the last 30 years has been more "Presidential" than Obama.

You Liberal's are pathetic. How hard is it to understand that a NORMAL President says something to the effect of "On such-and-such day, the brave men and women of Seal 6, with the help of tireless work from the intelligence services, executed an excellent raid that killed OBL. This country owes a congratulations to them."

Then sit down and shut up. Let your cronies in the Mainstream Media trumpet your input. Sit back and bask in a well executed plan.

No, instead, Mr. Bush-League President has to go toot his own horn. And in the process look insecure, crass, and unpresidental.
No. of Recommendations: 24
"I can't think of a single President in the last 30 years who consistently used "I", "me", and "my" in the way Obama did when it came to military operations. But if you have an example, let me know and I'll reconsider it. So, tenatively, I'd have to say EVERY President for the last 30 years has been more "Presidential" than Obama.

You Liberal's are pathetic. How hard is it to understand that a NORMAL President says something to the effect of "On such-and-such day, the brave men and women of Seal 6, with the help of tireless work from the intelligence services, executed an excellent raid that killed OBL. This country owes a congratulations to them."

---

I see. So, you would have liked it if he said something like this;

"We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who server our country."

He did. How hard is that for YOU to understand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAMkDstPiU

You must have missed his speech when it happened. Listen at around 7:40.

Also, in the same speech, 'we' was used - a lot. He also used phrases like "heroic citizens", "tireless and heroic work of our military",
and "years of painstaking work by our intelligence community".

He even gives Bush credit.

How pathetic do you feel now? Sometimes you guys say the most idiotic things...
"When you slyly question people if they treated Bush the same way they treat Obama, do you know how ridiculous you look to everyone?"

Do you speak for everyone?

Besides, given your track record of inability to understand basic logic and the positions of your opponents, and to regularly be on the wrong side of issues, I take it as a point of pride when you think I look ridiculous. It means that odds are, I am probably correct.

"You are acting the same way you accuse them of acting."

In what way?
"Remember, these are the same people who screamed bloody murder at the mere image of a 9/11 funeral in a 2004 campaign ad."

Surprise, surprise. Dope cannot tell the difference between an ad using fear of America's worst nightmare to scare the electorate and an ad celebrating the capture of America's greatest enemy.

"You're not dealing with people who give a rip about consistency."

Wait. Does that mean you were against Bush's ads? Or does it mean you think those against Obama's ads are being idiots? Or am I not dealing with someone who gives a rip about consistency?
"There is a classly way of doing this and a unclassy way of doing this, especially in military operations.

True leaders give all the credit to their subordinates, especially the men and women who are figuratively and literally "in the trenches". These leaders carefully avoid the word "I", "me", and "my." Those words are reserved for when operations fail."

Obama did it just as every other president before him has. Jon Stewert had a nice piece skewering those who are attacking Obama for his speech about Bin Laden showing exactly what Bush said after Saddam was captured.

You weren't whining then. So it is safe to assume that you only have a problem with Obama doing this, not other presidents.
Advertisement