Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Navyguy, I'm in the same boat as you (No pun intended!). Retired from the Air Force in 99, have Tricare, have the dental, do vision under my wife's retirement, have a VA disability waiver, and an early retirement from my second career after 11 years. I maxed my TSP during those 11 years, and started the "after 50 catch-up" when I turned 51 (last kid was still in college). I was planning to take my social security early (until I read something here on Motley Fool, now to recal), but hoping not to have to touch the TSP until 70. I'm pretty sure that my number crunching prior to retirement at 56 was all good, but I try to refigure every year, just to make sure. You mention a bunch of different calculators you've tried, and for now, I think you're on the right track - you need to use what's out there now, until somebody comes up with a one-stop-shop for us military types. It's a matter of now blending the answers you get, and checking them twice...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement