10. Gonzaga (11%)

From Team Rankings
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
NCAA Tournament Projections by Division 1 Teams

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/projections/bracketology/
Interesting that Michigan's odds are so low considering that they stand a very good chance of being ranked #1 if they win at Illinois on Sunday.

/Not much of a basketball fan, but rather hard to miss Michigan's success when I happen to be sitting within 200 yards of their home court at the moment!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Not much of a basketball fan, but rather hard to miss Michigan's success when I happen to be sitting within 200 yards of their home court at the moment!

Is that near U of M's football stadium? Back in the 80's there was a Baskin Robbins manufacturing facility almost right next to the football stadium. We audited their financial statements and doing inventory there was the best job ever - tasty - right off of the line! They cut a huge slice of their ice cream from those huge containers you see at their stores and gave it to us to take home to our families. Back then, the best and most popular flavors of ice cream were Chocolate Mousse and Pralines and Cream. I can't find Choc. Mousse anymore, my all time fav
Interesting that Michigan's odds are so low considering that they stand a very good chance of being ranked #1 if they win at Illinois on Sunday.

Not sure why. These guys are very good with stats and predictions, but it's still early and I think this particular line is in beta stage, might have some kinks??? Their other stuff is fantastic to use for tourny bracket selections.
Is that near U of M's football stadium?

Yes it is. Crisler Center (used to be Crisler Arena, they changed it just this year due to an expansion of the facility... making it more of a "Center" now I suppose) is adjacent to the SE corner of the Stadium complex... it basically forms the SE wall of it. There are commuter lots just to the east of Crisler, and right across that lot is a two story white building called the Campus Safety Services Building, which is where I'm sitting right now.

I can't see Crisler from where I sit, there is a brick building owned by a private company between my office and Crisler. The company used to own the building I'm sitting in, which was a spring factory, they sold that to UofM but kept the office building. The interesting thing is that while we're right next to that building (mere feet away from it!) it isn't in our jurisdiction, it's in Ann Arbor's jurisdiction. They call 911 that call goes downtown to AAPD, though there's a police department right next door.

I suspect the only reason they keep this building is for the parking... can't really beat that location on football Saturdays! In fact one of the stipulations in the sale was that the part of "our" lot closest to their building is theirs during football games, we have to move all our cars out of it so they can tailgate there.

Anyway, yeah, I'm very close to both Michigan Stadium and Crisler Center, well within walking distance of each.
Miami? Wow, I don't know. If Gonzaga gets a 1 seed then the college hoops is seriously down this year.

IU and Michigan are vulnerable, but as I say that the Big Ten is an absolute death march this year. There are NO easy outs in that conference this year.
Miami? Wow, I don't know. If Gonzaga gets a 1 seed then the 
college hoops is seriously down this year. 

IU and Michigan are vulnerable, but as I say that the Big Ten 
is an absolute death march this year. There are NO easy outs 
in that conference this year.

I don't know how they come up with their probabilities but 
let's take look at the teams you mention and their current 
rankings for RPI and Sagarin:

RPI     RPI-SOS     Sagarin     Sagarin-SOS

Miami           3          1         15               3

Gonzaga         8         10          9              15

IU             15         45          4             128 

Michigan        5         22          3              36

At this time, IU seems more vulnernable than Michigan. Indiana has
played an easier schedule and their RPI is not in the top 10,
but this is just over half of the season.

Miami has playd the toughest schedule in the country relative to
all other D-1 teams thus far and has a very good RPI,
although the Sagarin overall rating is not in the top 10.

Gonzaga thus far tops both IU and MI in RPI&Sag strength of
schedule. But SOS alone means little, you have to win games too.

Most of the time, NCAA seeding rests upon a team's RPI. 
The committee places greater emphasis on that than other criteria.
So at this point in time, the seeding from best to worst likely
would be:

Miami
Michigan
Gonzaga
IU
10 Most Likely Teams To Get A #1 Seed: Team Rankings
1. Kansas (66%)
2. Florida (63%)
3. Arizona (58%)
4. Syracuse (49%)
5. Indiana (39%)
6. Duke (29%)
7. Michigan (25%)
8. Louisville (22%)
9. Miami (FL) (21%)
10. Gonzaga (11%)

Current AP Poll Top 10
1. Duke
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
3. Syracuse
5. Louisville
6. Arizona
7. Indiana
8. Florida
9. Butler
10. Gonzaga
25. Miami
They cut a huge slice of their ice cream from those huge containers you see at their stores and gave it to us to take home to our families. Back then, the best and most popular flavors of ice cream were Chocolate Mousse and Pralines and Cream. - JoshRandall

----------------

Right after college, my ex and I became friends with this other young couple we met in the town we moved to for my first job <Consulers Power Company in Jackson Michingan>. We would get together every weekend to smoke pot and play board games. A couple hours into the evening we would get the munchies and almost every time would end up in Baskin Robbins. We each had our favorites so we each got our own 1.5 lb container. My favorite was Pralines and Cream with an occasional diversion to German Chocolate Cake. Good times...
in the town we moved to for my first job <Consulers Power Company in Jackson Michingan>.

So that's how you got introduced to God's Country.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Wife and I and the kids traveled on 94?? on the way to Chicago many moons ago. We got the munchies near Jackson. We didn't see many places along the interstate near the Jackson exit. We started singing the old Nancy Sinatra song about Jackson. Our version went something like this "We're goin' to Jackson, where there ain't no food."
Advertisement