Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cherub96 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Need a basic book to balance sheets Date: 5/21/2001 4:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well not too basic, actually.
I already know what a gross margin is.
But then, it shouldn`t be too complicated either.
I`m not looking to become an accounting professional, I just want to invest intelligently.
I want to be able to understand where each item on the sheet comes from, whether a decrease or increase is positive or negative, how they relate to each other and how these items are typically manipulated to make things look better than they are.
Practice questions would be nice.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: EGUSC Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51126 of 121061
Subject: Re: Need a basic book to balance sheets Date: 5/21/2001 6:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A good book that, if i remember correctly cover some of these areas, is Peter Lynch's One Up on Wall Street. Its a great book about investing.

Security Analysis 5th edition, by Graham(?) & Dodd, covers just about everything, but is not as good of a read in my opinion. This book is Warren Buffet bible you could say.

The Warren Buffet Way is also a good book that cover some financial statement analysis.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement