UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lcd186 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14995  
Subject: Need another Medicare plan Date: 10/21/2012 11:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hope someone can give me pointers here, but I will also consider posting this on the larger and more active LBYM board later this week.

I can't find the letter and other paperwork right now, but I am trying to post this request before I forget again.

In early September that my current Medicare plan, one of the PPO plans, is being discontinued at the end of the year so I need to choose another one before the end of the annual Medicare change period (I think the end of date is the first week of December), or they will put me on the default original Medicare.

My main health needs are mental health (psychiatry and medications, plus counseling appointments). Quite frankly, I don't know how/if my benefits have been effected with the passage of Obamacare, or officially The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).

When I picked my plan at the end of December 2010 (first full year of Medicare was 2011), it took me probably two months to finally make a decision. I get bogged down with trying to sift through all the information.

Any help or thoughts appreciated. Please share any ideas you may have.

Lois Carmen D.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14885 of 14995
Subject: Re: Need another Medicare plan Date: 10/21/2012 2:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
You might post Medicare questions on the Retired Fools board--most folks there are on Medicare (unlike LBYM) and deal with this issue:

http://boards.fool.com/retired-fools-112955.aspx?mid=3031801...

Author: lcd186 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14886 of 14995
Subject: Re: Need another Medicare plan Date: 10/23/2012 7:09 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thank you for referring me to that board, alstroemeria! I saw your post on Monday I think, but forgot to respond till now. There is a thread there on Medicare right now and I'm still reading that and skimming other threads. I might have enough information to make a decision, though I may still post questions myself.

Dealing with a lot of small, but too many, issues in recent weeks. Feeling overwhelmed with catching up. Administrative paperwork a small part, but ongoing matters in many and, unfortunately, a major part of choosing a new Medicare plan.

Lois Carmen D.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement