Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4870  
Subject: Need character examples... Date: 1/1/2006 9:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,
Finally got around to working on an idea that has been about ten lines on a .txt recently. The problem is I have a character issue.

The protagonist needs to be left by his wife in the first chapter. She needs to be totally evil so that female audiences don't think she left 'cause of the guy. (This was all explained by some female family members.) The problem seems to have two points...

1) I don't know of many truely mean/selfish/witchy characters from my life or from movies (will be renting Death Becomes Her and War of the Roses).

----Does anyone have some other examples

2) It is difficult to come up with a reason he is with her in the first place. (I keep thinking some kind of shotgun wedding type thing, but it's too contrived.) See...she has to finally decide he isn't her 'type' and that he will never be changed...and leave him stranded. (It leads to all the other plot lines.)

----Does anyone know of some examples I can read or watch where the nice/quite/introverted/blue collar type guy ends up with the witchy/beverlyhills/spoiled/princess woman? (And not like in Overboard where she gets better in the end.)

Buffy (who has finally decided that he needs to take the laptop and LEAVE the house to get the writing going...)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement