No. of Recommendations: 0
I am a graduate student making some money on royalities on a book of which I am a co-editor. I've been filing Schedule C (as self-employed) for the last two tax years. My wife, who is the main breadwinner for now, has a 403b. I've been thinking of setting up a Keogh for myself. But since my earnings are pretty meager (about $1,500 per year) and since they are not very reliable, I wonder if my wife could set up a Spousal IRA on my behalf instead. But the problem is: I make more than the $250 limit, which as far as I know disqualifies me for a Spousal IRA. Are there any other retirement plan options for me, short of investing in non-IRA taxable mutual funds or stocks? Or am I missing something here? Advise greatly appreciated.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.