Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wildweber2000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25247  
Subject: Need Help on 401k Date: 6/14/2001 1:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My company's 401k offers Wells Fargo funds. Today I got my Quarterly update and my question is, I am 24 years old and I want to go with as much risk as possible but the high risk funds that are available are Wells Fargo Index Fund,Wells Fargo Capital Opportunities fund(a),Wells Fargo Large Company Growth Fund (1), wells Fargo Small Cap Growth Fund (1), and Janus being the highest risk. I have read the fools advice on Index funds but in my Quarterly Report under there Performance it shows the Index Fund in 10 year being 13.91% the small Cap being 16.75% and it says underneith that Since Inception and Janus being 17.00% also under that it says Since Inception. My question is I am taking out only 4% out of my check and all of that is going into Wells Fargo Index Fund and I am wondering if I should leave it in there or should I put it somewhere else in the different funds I have listed.

Thankyou
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheDynamo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12261 of 25247
Subject: Re: Need Help on 401k Date: 6/14/2001 2:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Don't forget to weigh all the expenses that the mutual funds throw in there, or if they are load or no-load funds. That can also significantly decrease the actual earnings. Take a look at the prospectus, do some comparisons using the SP500 or similar index to benchmark the fund's past performance. I recently split my distributions to include 50% Index Fund (JP Morgan Smartindex -JPISX) and 50% Growth-Income fund (American Century Growth and Income Fund -BIGRX). If you look at the comparisons between these two and adjust for the respective expenses for each (.35% and .68% in this case). You will see that both funds nearly mirror the SP500. Of course considering the current month, heh it's down at the moment. Either way, check into each of them and ask yourself if the supposed projected profit potential will beat the index it benchmarks, if not... move to the next one.

-Dyn

P.S. I'm 26 by the way, too early to even think of Bonds ;)

Author: dougharrington One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12262 of 25247
Subject: Re: Need Help on 401k Date: 6/14/2001 10:46 AM
Recommendations: 1
"...too early to even think of Bonds."

I agree. Now if he has 50 HR's by August...

Author: TheDynamo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12264 of 25247
Subject: Re: Need Help on 401k Date: 6/14/2001 11:48 AM
Heheh, forgot about that fella ;)

-Dyn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement