Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, so I've set up my discount brokerage account, I'm the process of selling off my mutual funds, the wife and I are dumping everything we can into our IRAs, and I want to invest an additional 30K (20K of it in 1999) in a Foolish Four port.Is there a better portfolio method (IE DRIPS which to my understanding are held longer) that offer increased tax benefits? To my calculations, if a F4 port is rolled every year, and if it reaches its calculated average of 25.9% returns,I'll keep after taxes about 20.72% of it. Have I done the math correctly, is there a more beneficial way to do this. Any suggetions?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.