Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: docpm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: Need info on IRA's Date: 7/27/2009 11:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First time poster. I couldn't find any thread on IRA's which baffled me. I am trying to figure out the best IRA for me. My income is above 100K so I don't think I am eligible for a Roth IRA until 2010? My situation. My income is significant and I realize I am destined to work into my mid-70's, typical for psychologists. I have no IRA's but have a CALPERS pension of $24k per year that started already with free dental and medical. My investments are limited to money markets and high yield online savings. I want to put all savings (around 70 to 80k) into investment/retirement vehicles. Iunderstand that at my age they may be liguid if I ever wanted to buy a home afterall.

Question.. I've been told to open an IRA and then put S&P 500 Index funds in it. #1) which IRA #2) since conservative needed is s&P 500 the safe bet? #3) with whom? Vanguard directly? someone else?

I know this is a lot at once, but since I decidated to invest and not buy a house, and the market is doing better, I want a place to invest my money and keep adding money at a significant monthly rate.

thanks
docpm
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement