No. of Recommendations: 3
Need pipeline companies.

I like ERF, but the chart is too ragged and I have doubts that the price of oil will be much sustained above 100 dollars a barrel. (We haven't fracked the whole world yet.)

However, we will ship the stuff, the cheapest way to do it is in a pipe.

Qazulight

ERF's major problem is not oil, that part could easily be fixed with a pipeline to tidewater. They still produce a lot of Nat gas and that could really use higher prices. Not a lot different than a few of my other guys that do both oil and gas such as PennWest.

I currently own TRP that does a lot more than just pipes though that is their heritage. I also own Altagas that is a polyenergy fellow including the only existing Nat gas pipeline to the west coast, don't know if they have a US listing. Another one I really like (since you mention it) is a fracker called FRC.to (how cool is that?), actually it is Canyon Services that I think I mentioned when I bought it 15 Nov.

http://www.google.ca/finance?q=TSE%3AFRC&ei=NmLHUOD0IsmZ...

Enbridge is the flavour of the year pipeline guy but I think it is over priced... probably for that very reason.

I'm sure you have noticed that none of those is US, that is deliberate as I don't like having the IRS hold onto part of my dividends held in a tax free account.

Cheers
Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement