Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RobertBK Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121100  
Subject: Need regular IRA help Date: 6/5/1998 9:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I filed the 4 month extension for my 97 tax return and am getting ready to send my check.

I do not have an IRA now and would like to set one up and make a $2000 contribution (for 97)to save a few tax dollars.

I have been told that I can do this even at this late date so long as I have not yet filed and so long as my filing extension is honored by IRS.

Anyone know if this is legal? Thanks for your help.

Robert
Print the post Back To Top
Author: KATinChicagoland Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4129 of 121100
Subject: Re: Need regular IRA help Date: 6/6/1998 12:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I filed the 4 month extension for my 97 tax return and am getting ready to send my check.

I do not have an IRA now and would like to set one up and make a $2000 contribution (for 97)to save a few tax dollars.

I have been told that I can do this even at this late date so long as I have not yet filed and so long as my filing extension is honored by IRS.

Anyone know if this is legal?>>

Sorry, the deadline is your return due date WITHOUT regard to extensions. In other words, April 15, even if you have a valid extension to August 15.

Kaye Thomas, author
Fairmark Press Tax Guide for Investors
http://www.fairmark.com

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement