Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19021  
Subject: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/3/2011 9:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know there are Boards on the Fool which delve into the arenas of caregiving for a 91 year old mother and a wife who is in Stage 4 brain cancer. The OP also is executor of his mother's estate consisting of more than $1M.

He/she is not interested in much of the financial advice thus far received.

What Boards would you suggest?

Thanks,

Donna
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ibnana Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17386 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/3/2011 10:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
There is a board called Taking Care of Parents.

http://boards.fool.com/taking-care-of-parents-116503.aspx?mi...

Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17387 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/3/2011 11:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
I know there are Boards on the Fool which delve into the arenas of caregiving for a 91 year old mother and a wife who is in Stage 4 brain cancer. The OP also is executor of his mother's estate consisting of more than $1M.

He/she is not interested in much of the financial advice thus far received.

Maybe it's the hour, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the question is. What type of info/advice is this person looking for?

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17388 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/4/2011 12:21 AM
Phil, I sent you a private reply.

Donna

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17389 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/4/2011 11:40 AM
There's also a cancer discussion board and an estate planning board that might prove useful.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17390 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/4/2011 9:58 PM
Astroemaria, could you give me the links for those Boards?

Thanks,

Donna

Author: sky1948 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17391 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/4/2011 11:48 PM
Donna,

Here is the link for the Estate Planning board.

http://boards.fool.com/estate-planning-and-the-fool-113006.a...

Sue

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17394 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/5/2011 11:28 PM
I'd have to hunt for them same as you, I just know I've stumbled across them over the years on TMF.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17395 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/6/2011 12:03 AM
Recommendations: 2
I'd have to hunt for them same as you, I just know I've stumbled across them over the years on TMF.

at the bottom of the page is a 'Board' search box ...works pretty well
(better than other TMF searches)

eg, "Cancer"

http://boards.fool.com/FindResults.aspx?name=cancer&fold...

http://boards.fool.com/FindResults.aspx?name=Estate&fold...

http://boards.fool.com/FindResults.aspx?name=TAX&folderI...

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17396 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/6/2011 8:18 AM
Cool! I'd never noticed those little text boxes before.

Alstro's theory of user interface design: if you think you don't need something on the interface, it becomes a black hole to you, so even when you need it, it isn't there.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17397 of 19021
Subject: Re: Needed Boards on the Fool Date: 10/6/2011 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
Alstro's theory of user interface design: if you think you don't need something on the interface, it becomes a black hole to you, so even when you need it, it isn't there.

uh.... that's no Theory ...more like a LAW

(something similar recently happened to me with Mac OS)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement