UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1957537  
Subject: Neutralize the Schweitzer Threat Date: 2/24/2014 11:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
He could possibly be a threat to Hillary.

As someone who wants a corporatist Wall Street owned President eternally for you people, I say Governor Schweitzer needs to be either bought-off or discredited sometime in the next 18 months or so should Hillary run for the nomination.

JediG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923820 of 1957537
Subject: Re: Neutralize the Schweitzer Threat Date: 2/24/2014 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This guy will go right to the top of their Veep list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Schweitzer

Following General Motors' announced decision to terminate its contract with Columbus-based Stillwater Mining Company to procure palladium, platinum, and rhodium for use in automobiles to reduce air pollution, Schweitzer broke from the Democratic Party ranks to protest a perceived bias against Montana on the part of the Barack Obama Administration. He asked the administration to force GM, which is receiving an infusion of around $50 billion as part of the automotive corporation federal recovery plan, to honor its contract in a manner consistent with the "buy American" provision of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. According to Schweitzer and the mining company, the Montana mines operated by Stillwater are the only source of palladium and platinum outside South Africa and Russia.[37] "When the American people find out that we have spent tens of billions of dollars to bail out General Motors and then they turn around and void a contract with Stillwater Mine, the only source of platinum, palladium and rhodium in the Western Hemisphere, and continues to buy that metal from the Russians and South Africans, they will be outraged", Schweitzer asserted.[38]

Okay, nothing wrong with this.

But then:
Post-Governorship

Schweitzer was named the chairman of the Stillwater Mining Company in May, 2013.[49]

Bwahahahahhaaha! He's a perfect Clintonoid: knows just which side of the bread his butter is on.

He's also tied in tight with 501 (c)(4) groups. You know, those groups that liberals pretend to hate but are what really makes up Hillary!'s money and influence base.

He's perfect for her.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923840 of 1957537
Subject: Re: Neutralize the Schweitzer Threat Date: 2/24/2014 1:23 PM
Recommendations: 0
If Hillary is the nominee then I think 2 choices outshine the rest in this order:

1.)Governor Ed Rendel. PA governor, and even though “Conservatives” are hell-bent on throwing away the rust belt forever, it’s still a battleground. I think Ed Rendell makes PA solid Blue and lets Hillary spend more resources on Florida, Ohio, and Texas. (Yes, Texas, the state that your buddy predicted long ago will one day be Purple. Gotta love Republicans and cheap labor immigration)

2.)Mayor Castro of Houston, his first name escapes me at this point.

Hillary-Rendel or Hillary-Castro would be a good ticket. They could win and govern while the Republicans continue to come to grips with the fact that America is now a Center-Left country. Of course, it might be palatable for Republicans to win 2016 and govern in a Center-Left way.

Either way, trajectory Left.

JediG

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923852 of 1957537
Subject: Re: Neutralize the Schweitzer Threat Date: 2/24/2014 2:25 PM
1.)Governor Ed Rendel. PA governor, and even though “Conservatives” are hell-bent on throwing away the rust belt forever, it’s still a battleground. I think Ed Rendell makes PA solid Blue and lets Hillary spend more resources on Florida, Ohio, and Texas. (Yes, Texas, the state that your buddy predicted long ago will one day be Purple. Gotta love Republicans and cheap labor immigration)

2.)Mayor Castro of Houston, his first name escapes me at this point.

I think you mean Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio. Hillary! doesn't need Fast Eddie Rendell to delivery Pennsylvania; the democrat walking around money in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh will do that. Castro I agree is ideal: he's young, he's liberal and he checks the right ethnic box which is all he needs to be on the dem ticket. That would probably give them the White House for another 16 years.

Governing? democrats don't govern. They campaign. Big difference. Obama has basically put American foreign policy on autopilot for 5 years. Hillary! won't do much better because as we saw, she's completely inept at foreign policy. (And for you libs who want to argue, Hillary! presided over ZERO major initiatives and was mostly sidelined by the White House. Don't believe me? Google it)

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923878 of 1957537
Subject: Re: Neutralize the Schweitzer Threat Date: 2/24/2014 4:34 PM
I think Democrats do govern.

I cite ObamaCare, Kagan, and Sotomayor as examples.

And when they govern, they do Kruschev’s and Osama’s jobs for them.

And it saddens me because I believe in my heart that had we not given up the Rust Belt, this would not have happened.

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement