Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Never drink gin but a nice Chardonnay?
Nice chardonnay? That's an oxymoron in my book. Do you still wear wide lapels and shouder pads? Just joshing, I never liked chardonnay much espeically the heavily oaked style that was so popular. Unoaked I do enjoy. I totally agree with Never Gin, the Gin Palace is one of Melbourne's funky bars, when I have a martini it is vodka and my current favourite being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BBubr%C3%B3wka
Too much information?

I thought it may be the penny like nature of the share price, but as I said that is entirely normall in Australia.

You are right that the combination of getting killed by Tamiflu and GSK neglect made it tough on Biota. Conspiracists say Donald Rumsfeld pushed Tamiflu to the detrement of Relenza to directly line his pockets. http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/tamiflu.asp

Now that resistance to Tamiflu is increasing Relenza is the only game in town. Biota alos have joint ownership of LANI a second generation antiviral currently is PIII testing in Japan, it is a once only dose instead of the multiple dosing required by the others.

I think it is the China factor that is keeping BHP and others miners up. China is diversifying away from US dollars and are buying as much of Australia's resources as they can. Both the resources and large stakes in companies. I do think this is a pause in the mining super cycle, but like you want to see share prices cheaper.

KitKat you would hate most Australian companies. I've been working through a big list and growth by acquisition seems to be the main game in town, I struggle to tell if they are really creating value. Some great looking companies, but so much financial engineering it does my head in.

Cheers
Dean
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement