UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: UnwiseNotFool One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: New Business Date: 12/21/1998 8:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will be opening a consulting business, where I for most of the time I will just work on assignment and be the only employee. For the retirement planning purpose, what are the different options for selfemployed (sole proprietorship) and S-corp.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7392 of 76418
Subject: Re: New Business Date: 12/21/1998 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, UnwiseNotFool, and welcome. You asked:

<<I will be opening a consulting business, where I for most of the time I will just work on assignment and be the only employee. For the retirement planning purpose, what are the different options for selfemployed (sole proprietorship) and S-corp.>>

In general, as a one-person operation you will want to explore the options outlined in IRS Publication 560, Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, Keogh, SIMPLE Plans). You can download it at www.irs.gov . You may also use more complex and more expensive plans, but the plans outlined in that publication are the ones best suited for small firms.

For an overview of the full range available to you, see my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer, which you may access at http://www.fool.com/retirement .

Regards....Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement