Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFKnave Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8104  
Subject: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/14/2006 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
We released an update to CAPS this morning. Here are the release notes.

CAPS version 4.8 release notes:

Score Leader Enhancements
At the top right of each ticker page, you will now see the rating and the cumulative ticker score for the score leader. The cumulative score includes active and ended picks and is what determines the score leader.

In addition, the score leader now has the ability to post a comment in the score leader box. Players can now use this Score Leader Taunt as a way to boast about their extraordinarily prodigious ticker-centric greatness.

20 Minute Pick Delay
All picks made during market hours will be delayed 20 minutes before receiving a start or end price. This is to prevent players from taking advantage of CAPS delayed quotes. By waiting 20 minutes, CAPS will closely match the real-time quote of the stock at the time the pick was made. Picks made during non-market hours will be handled as normal and will be opened/closed at next market open.

End Pick Rule Change
Players may end picks during the day: By switching to a 20-minute delay, we're now allowing players to close picks while the market is open. The end price will be set approximately 20-minutes after pick is ended.

Watchlists
Each player now has a watchlist where they can enter “practice” picks. These picks do not affect player scores or CAPS company ratings and are purely for tracking purposes. Currently CAPS only supports one watchlist per player but multiple watchlists are planned for a future release. Your watchlist picks will NOT APPEAR anywhere else in CAPS and are only visible to you.

To enter stocks to your watchlist, click on the Watchlist tab next to your scorecard. You can enter multiple tickers via the text box directly above your watchlist. Watchlist picks will initially be pending for 20-minutes until CAPS gives them a start price (in future releases, we will likely remove this restriction). You may make one pick per ticker in your watchlist. You may also enter a pitch, which can serve as notes or reminders to yourself. These pitches/notes are private.

RSS Support for Blogs
You can subscribe to someone's blog via an RSS feed by clicking on the icon for the particular reader you wish to use.

Site Performance
A number of behind-the-scenes changes were implemented to improve CAPS performance.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on these additions to the site, and please let us know if anything isn't working correctly due to this release or otherwise.

Thanks and enjoy!

Todd
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kbedwards Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4300 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/14/2006 9:29 AM
Recommendations: 0
Great! Love the new stuff!

Now if only you would add a "crash and burn" icon, for people like me who went from the almost elite of 99+, to <20 in mere weeks...we'll be rockin'! Or maybe "Tragic Hero"?

:)

Author: TMFEldrehad Big gold star, 5000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4301 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/14/2006 10:18 AM

Love all the changes - especially the 20 minute delay change as it was needed.

I also love the 'score leader' message area! I'm sure people got tired of seeing my King of the Hill message in that space no matter where in CAPS they ventured.

Regards,

Russell
a.k.a. TMFEldrehad

Author: CaptFoolDawg Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4302 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/14/2006 1:37 PM
Recommendations: 3
You guys ROCK!

Author: ksw1236 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4327 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/15/2006 4:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
Yay! Thanks, and all that...

"Score Leader Enhancements
At the top right of each ticker page, you will now see the rating and the cumulative ticker score for the score leader. The cumulative score includes active and ended picks and is what determines the score leader.

In addition, the score leader now has the ability to post a comment in the score leader box. Players can now use this Score Leader Taunt as a way to boast about their extraordinarily prodigious ticker-centric greatness."

The score leader's rating IS clearly visible. Now personally I don't mind this as I think it is great that I can be at the bottom of the CAPS barrel and still be a score leader on 3 stocks. However, for those who may not want to advertize their sub 20 rank, this poses a problem.

For instance, via this new loophole, I can now see that I (6.06 rank) clearly am kicking Jim Cramer's 3.71 ass. Hey, maybe this could be a lucky charm? Everyone gets a "BOO-yah" symbol if thier rank is above Cramers?

ksw

(off to write some clever taunts)

Author: DutchMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4331 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/15/2006 8:07 PM
Love all the changes - especially the 20 minute delay change as it was needed.

Yeah, that was a much needed change.

Also, now that we can't 'time' our picks anymore, can we also end our picks any time we want? I mean, the main obstacle to that is now gone, right? Right?

I mean, the 7 day delay is fine but having to wait for the end of the day to end a pick is SO annoying.

Mark

Author: TMFJester Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4363 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/19/2006 2:42 PM
I'm sure people got tired of seeing my King of the Hill message in that space no matter where in CAPS they ventured.

Absolutely!

Author: TMFJester Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4364 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/19/2006 2:42 PM
Recommendations: 1
Love the enhancements! These were much needed, and some of your best enhancements to date.

Author: cisspshp One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4415 of 8104
Subject: Re: New CAPS release today! Date: 12/28/2006 8:55 PM
It'd be nice to see the dividend loophole closed as well. It's not a big deal for most stocks, but I did notice at least one player who took advantage of a REIT stock which issued a huge dividend, causing the stock to drop something like 80% after the ex-div date.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement