UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: RedRaider04 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308225  
Subject: New Card? Date: 5/7/2002 2:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey Fools!
I am a 20-year-old college student at Texas Tech, and my one credit card expires in August of this year. Yes, yes, tis true, a college student with only 1 credit card who pays the balance in full every month...pretty rare huh? The card is a Bank of America Visa...and yes it IS a credit card through Bank of America not a check card. I havent had any problems with it or BOA since having the card almost 2 years now. This is my first credit card...so bare with my lack of knowledge on the subject. What happens when it expires? Will they send me a new one? And if they do...should I keep it? Should I sign up for a new one that is one of yalls favorites...has a reasonalbe APR, no annual fee, decent credit limit, good benefits, etc? My credit limit is only 1000, and I have only put 50-200.00 on there a month. Should I go for a higher credit limit? Does it matter? I cant ever see myself putting thousands of dollars on my credit card for the mean time. Being a college student...I get about 4 or 5 credit card apps in the mail each week...I always tear them up and throw them away...should I start looking at those? Or should I just try to get an app for one of yalls favoites? Any sort of help would...well, help. Thanks a ton!

Have a good one!
Nealio
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement