UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3081  
Subject: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/5/2002 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Don't litter. Pick up litter you do see.

If this has been suggested before, it could use repeating. Any other simple ideas out there to make your world a little better place?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 727 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/5/2002 10:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Use your turn signals.

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 728 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/5/2002 10:57 AM
Recommendations: 0
Smile at a stranger.

Author: SSSSSSSS Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 729 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/5/2002 1:08 PM
Any other simple ideas out there to make your world a little better place?

First of all, nice board. I discovered this by a link from LBYM. This board can certainly be a way to make the world a little better.

Anyway, my suggestion more generally is always be proactive in looking for an opportunity to perform a good deed. Whether this good deed is treating others with respect, being kind and smiling to those you interact with, carrying the bags of someone who is a little less able than you, or simply giving a bit to charity, it all can help make the world a little better.

One other that I've been working on as someone who is always in a rush, is when I am driving, trying to let people in when they are trying to merge on a highway or get out of a lot. We are all in those situations and it can be quite frustrating, not to mention dangerous as cars scream by trying desperately to NOT let anyone ahead of them. So therefore (without slowing down dangerously or anything like that) I try to let someone in.

Author: PShaughnS One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 730 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/5/2002 4:13 PM
So therefore (without slowing down dangerously or anything like that) I try to let someone in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After they've used their turn signal. ;0)

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/6/2002 10:14 AM
At work:
make coffee when you take the last cup, or even if you just notice that it's almost empty, even if you don't want coffee right then, even if you don't drink coffee.

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 732 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/6/2002 11:21 AM
Oh Glup, please come work with me!

You make the coffee, and i'll put all those mugs sitting in the sink into that empty dishwasher, even when it's not "my turn".

snippee
loves an empty sink

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 734 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/7/2002 10:50 AM
When you go to the doctor or dentist's office or mechanic or anywhere else you often have to wait, bring along an extra magazine and leave it in the waiting room when you go.

Author: QCA Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 735 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/7/2002 11:10 AM
Recommendations: 4
When you go to the doctor or dentist's office or mechanic or anywhere else you often have to wait, bring along an extra magazine and leave it in the waiting room when you go.

Ha ha -- this also belongs on the Get Organized boards: an excellent way to get rid of all those magazines you'll never have time to read, or have already read.

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 736 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/8/2002 9:55 AM
Recommendations: 4
When you get good service, speak to the person's manager/supervisor and tell them about the good service.

This does not just apply to service personnel like waiters and waitresses, although it definitely applies to them. It also applies to people who help you out at work or elsewhere.

BTW, thank the person as well.

Author: ladyandy Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 737 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/8/2002 5:44 PM
When you read a post that stimulates thought, that informs, that teaches, or that makes you feel good, try giving it a rec! :)

(not begging for rec's, honest!)

Best regards,
Ladyandy

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 738 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/8/2002 5:46 PM
When you read a post that stimulates thought, that informs, that teaches, or that makes you feel good, try giving it a rec! :)

(not begging for rec's, honest!)

And if you need practise, you can rec this post.

(begging for rec's, honest!)

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 739 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/9/2002 9:34 AM
Tell your kids, wife, husband, mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, sister, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, friends, fiance, or anyone else that you love: "I Love You."

Especially your kids.

Author: PShaughnS One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 740 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/9/2002 1:40 PM
If you borrower something (whether at work or at home), put it back when you are done. This will help keep your desk from getting too cluttered. If everybody did this, we wouldn't have to keep going to the supply closet to get another pen (pencil, staple remover, stapler, ruler, pad of paper, sticky note, scissors...)

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 742 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/12/2002 10:46 AM
If you borrow something (whether at work or at home), put it back when you are done. This will help keep your desk from getting too cluttered.

Hmmmm, this works both ways. It's always nicer to give than to receive - if I give a co-worker all my papers on my desk, it will make me feel good today ;)

Odee

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 743 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/12/2002 3:54 PM
Introduce yourself to some neighbors who you don't know. Especially if they are new neighbors. Or stop by to chat with some neighbors you do know but haven't talked with in awhile.

Author: Selphiras Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 745 of 3081
Subject: Re: New Easy Suggestion Date: 8/15/2002 1:28 PM
What's the story behind sofaking's banning? Why would we want to disagree with it? Is this posted elsewhere so we don't fill up this board with off-topic posts?

Thank you,
Selphiras

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement