Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BrucePeabody Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121592  
Subject: New Educational IRA Rules-Homeschooling Date: 1/16/2002 3:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I /We homeschool both our children, With the new rules allowing for use of IRA for elementary education, pre college educational expenses in public, private and religious schools, how does this apply to home schooled children ? Anyone out there have any ideas?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: malakito Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57298 of 121592
Subject: Re: New Educational IRA Rules-Homeschooling Date: 1/17/2002 1:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I would check the education laws in your state. In my particular state, the way I read the law would indicate that I would not be able to use my children's Educational IRAs for homeschooling expenses because homeschooling is a separate category, i.e., you have

1. public schools
2. private schools
2a. religious schools
3. home schools

I would also suggest checking the new laws about Education IRA's; perhaps homeschooling expenses are explicitly included/excluded.

malakito

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement