UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740366  
Subject: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 26
Well the miracle of modern medicine. Recall my heart failure episode last January. My ejection fraction was severely low. Around 10-15 %. Anything below 30-40% is regarded as a weak heart. After starting on medication (beta blocker) and exercising for a few months, it improved to 43 % according to an MRI done in June. Above 50% is normal. Well had an echocardiogram a couple of days ago. The EJ has jumped to 55-60%, well in the normal range. I was afraid because I had stopped working out regularly a couple of months ago. Need to get started again. But good news.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647192 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good work, AOLF. It's amazing what a little clean living can do.

--fleg

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647193 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:15 PM
Thx Fleg. I really need to resume the workouts and cut out the drinking.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647194 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:27 PM
Well the miracle of modern medicine. Recall my heart failure episode last January. My ejection fraction was severely low. Around 10-15 %. Anything below 30-40% is regarded as a weak heart. After starting on medication (beta blocker) and exercising for a few months, it improved to 43 % according to an MRI done in June. Above 50% is normal. Well had an echocardiogram a couple of days ago. The EJ has jumped to 55-60%, well in the normal range. I was afraid because I had stopped working out regularly a couple of months ago. Need to get started again. But good news.

AOLFoolman100

That's good to hear. Are you still between jobs? That last job you had seemed like a nightmare (lots of travel and stress).

Mike

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647195 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:37 PM
I was afraid because I had stopped working out regularly a couple of months ago. Need to get started again.

A thousand lashes with a gluten free whole wheat wet noodle.

Definitely get started again. Not like you have to train for a marathon but getting your a$$ off the couch every day just to walk the dog is good.

For some motivation/inspiration...

http://blog.spartanrace.com/my-journey-to-sparta-chris-davis...

JLC

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647196 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:40 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hi mike. Yes still in between jobs. Yes job was stressful but I really think my weak heart was really contributing to the stress. I was always tired, out of breath and the worst part I always had a panicky anxious feeling. So any stressful situation would be greatly amplified. This really contributed to it.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647197 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 2:54 PM
Recommendations: 9
I look forward to many more years of annoying posts from you <g>.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647198 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 3:04 PM
Recommendations: 4
Btw. I really want to thank everyone on this board for showing so much support over the last several months over my condition. Well except for 2828. (hehe)

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647199 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 3:33 PM
That is really good news!

Pretty soon you'll get to start that Olympic training you've always wanted to do ;)

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647201 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 3:52 PM
Whats really strange too is that my enlarged heart has shrunk back to just about normal size. It's eerie to think that my heart grew too big but then shrunk back to normal size over the last several months.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647203 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 4:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
Great news, AOLF. It's awesome that you responded to the challenge as you did and that your efforts have paid off.

Apologies in advance for drawing political analogies, but you may be a metaphor for the country. We're sick but still have time to do something about it. Whether or not we choose to is really the issue.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647206 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 4:18 PM
Apologies in advance for drawing political analogies, but you may be a metaphor for the country. We're sick but still have time to do something about it. Whether or not we choose to is really the issue.
---------------------------------------------------------
Please don't bring up politics to AOL or we risk him ranting about how Obama won the debate and we need to get over it <g>.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647208 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 4:23 PM
2828 u break my heart!!! (g)

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647212 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 4:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
It's eerie to think that my heart grew too big but then shrunk back to normal size over the last several months.

It's nice to know that the Grinch finally recovered from the enlarged (3 sizes too big) heart!

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647214 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 4:53 PM
high fives to AOLFool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing what a little exercise and healthy food can do. :)

I'm amazed that the size of your heart decreased, that's amazing. I thought once an enlarged heart, always an enlarged heart.

hugs and all that,
LD

Author: riprock45 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647228 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 6:41 PM
Glad to hear the good news.

Congrats, and get back to that fitness routine.

Rip

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647287 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/5/2012 10:06 PM
"Please don't bring up politics to AOL or we risk him ranting about how Obama won the debate and we need to get over it <g>." - 2828

It is irrelevant who won or lost the debate. We won't know who won or lost anything till after November 6th. That is really all that matters. Everything else is just filler.

Artie

Author: JamesBrown Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647323 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/6/2012 12:48 AM
Good to hear. Thank goodness for modern medicine.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647373 of 740366
Subject: Re: New Ejection Fraction Date: 10/6/2012 11:57 AM
Good news, friend.

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement