Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,

I am new to the idea of investing and managing my own $$ and am not sure how to start. I am 27 and have accumulated about $200K in mutual funds that since I was about 12 (Between summer jobs and putting each nickel into the market from grandma and such). I have no debt car payments etc. I read about the Fool 4 and all of the Foolish books (execpt new one) I read O'higgins book. Two of my concerns are:
1) I've missed the boat on investing. I should have started in the early 90's and now would have done even better than my funds.
2) I'm a Mutual fund addict. Since I started so early in mutual funds, letting them go seems like it will be painful. Also selling them all to invest could have a serious tax consequence.
Any advise on where to start and how to sell the funds to minimize taxes?

Thanks!!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement