Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just recently filled out my 2010 return and claimed a $1500 credit for upgrading my central a/c/heat pump to an energy efficient beast. We are now in the process of building a new home that will have a heat pump, double pane low-E windows, and other energy efficient items with a move in date around mid-May. Would we be able to claim this credit again for 2011 (assuming the credit is still available in 2011), or is the credit only for exisiting homes?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.