Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Larry01Gott Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 429  
Subject: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 1/27/2005 5:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi, Larry Gott here from the "Fab 15 and Friends" board.

Here is what I posted there:

Identix was profiled along with other safety-security-id firms (such as Choicepoint) on a Peter Jennings special the night of the inauguration. I was intrigued (kiss of death, or manna from heaven).

IDNX just released their results, and had a 54% revenue Y2Y gain, and a earnings gain of ... hmmm, well, er... how about that! Seems like they don't have any earnings yet. Guess they can't be either a Fab 15 or a Friend. Do decreased losses help? Perhaps. So, I'm a little ahead of my time here. Besides, it's the only stock I have that doesn't have great earnings gains, so cut me some slack!!! It's my "The Future is NOW" stock.

Anyway,
1. Here's the recent results,
http://quotes.fool.com/custom/fool/html-news.asp?guid={C351FDAD-61A1-4C33-8D5D-B90576D8BB6C}&currticker=idnx&symbols=idnx&nx=&bx=

2. Here's the chart. Notice it had bottomed out recently, and the financial surprise has produced a (for the present) price surprise.
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=idnx,uu[h,a]daolyyay[pb50!d20,2!c20][vc60][iUb14!Uh14,3!Um12!Lah12,26,9!Lc20]&pref=G

I'm in at $6.21 -- but I didn't buy in because of the price, but because their product fills a very important leading-edge niche.
3. Here's their website:
http://www.identix.com/

4. And here is what the Fool Snapshot says:
The Group's principal activities are to provide fingerprint, facial and skin biometric technologies, as well as systems, and critical system components that empower the identification of individuals in large-scale ID and ID management programs. It provides live scan systems and services for biometric data capture, mobile systems for on-the-spot ID, and backend standards-based modules and software components for biometric matching and data mining. The Group's offerings includes: Live Scan; IBIS (Identification Based Information System); ABIS (Automated Biometric Identification System); Enabling Biometric Technologies and Biometric and other Professional sevices. Its products serve industries and market segments such as government and law enforcement, transportation, healthcare and corporate enterprises. On 23-Feb-2004, the Group acquired Sylvan Identix Fingerprint Centers, LLC.

Just one to think about.
Larry
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement