Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Larry01Gott Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 429  
Subject: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 1/27/2005 5:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi, Larry Gott here from the "Fab 15 and Friends" board.

Here is what I posted there:

Identix was profiled along with other safety-security-id firms (such as Choicepoint) on a Peter Jennings special the night of the inauguration. I was intrigued (kiss of death, or manna from heaven).

IDNX just released their results, and had a 54% revenue Y2Y gain, and a earnings gain of ... hmmm, well, er... how about that! Seems like they don't have any earnings yet. Guess they can't be either a Fab 15 or a Friend. Do decreased losses help? Perhaps. So, I'm a little ahead of my time here. Besides, it's the only stock I have that doesn't have great earnings gains, so cut me some slack!!! It's my "The Future is NOW" stock.

Anyway,
1. Here's the recent results,
http://quotes.fool.com/custom/fool/html-news.asp?guid={C351FDAD-61A1-4C33-8D5D-B90576D8BB6C}&currticker=idnx&symbols=idnx&nx=&bx=

2. Here's the chart. Notice it had bottomed out recently, and the financial surprise has produced a (for the present) price surprise.
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=idnx,uu[h,a]daolyyay[pb50!d20,2!c20][vc60][iUb14!Uh14,3!Um12!Lah12,26,9!Lc20]&pref=G

I'm in at $6.21 -- but I didn't buy in because of the price, but because their product fills a very important leading-edge niche.
3. Here's their website:
http://www.identix.com/

4. And here is what the Fool Snapshot says:
The Group's principal activities are to provide fingerprint, facial and skin biometric technologies, as well as systems, and critical system components that empower the identification of individuals in large-scale ID and ID management programs. It provides live scan systems and services for biometric data capture, mobile systems for on-the-spot ID, and backend standards-based modules and software components for biometric matching and data mining. The Group's offerings includes: Live Scan; IBIS (Identification Based Information System); ABIS (Automated Biometric Identification System); Enabling Biometric Technologies and Biometric and other Professional sevices. Its products serve industries and market segments such as government and law enforcement, transportation, healthcare and corporate enterprises. On 23-Feb-2004, the Group acquired Sylvan Identix Fingerprint Centers, LLC.

Just one to think about.
Larry
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BergenDog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418 of 429
Subject: Re: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 2/14/2005 12:18 PM
Identix is still a little behind because of it's large aquisition of FaceIt a few years ago. This diversified their base of fingerprint systems (of which they are the de facto leader) into other biometrics such as face recognition. Watch for them to try to enter the wide-open consumer biometrics field. Products like keyboards, mice, PDA's and cellphones all with biometric logon. Also, it's just a matter of time before Microsoft and/or Apple implement a biometric login access to their operating systems, and they would naturally license Identix programs rather than re-invent the wheel.

Getting in at 6 bucks might be a good long term buy. Dump a grand in, get 150 shares, and watch it easily double within a year.

Author: Larry01Gott Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 419 of 429
Subject: Re: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 2/14/2005 1:49 PM
My thinking too. I did get in at 6.20 -- less than that recently tho.
I expect it'll be back up and then some.

Larry

Author: BergenDog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 420 of 429
Subject: Re: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 2/16/2005 10:05 AM
Recommendations: 1
Here is what I was hinting at, without officially hinting at it ;)

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050216/165139_1.html

The algorithm used took several years to develop, and will probably still need another year to work out some bugs. But, the processes they developed to integrate their libraries into embedded consumer products will be beneficial for years to come. This moves Identix from primarily a large hardware company (systems running at $40k+) into small licensable software installations that provides them no overhead or inventory.

Sean

Author: Maggadoodle Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 422 of 429
Subject: Re: New IDNX shareholder comments Date: 5/13/2005 7:03 AM
new thoughts on identix??

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement