Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: drsl One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: New Interest Date: 7/26/2006 9:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Fools,

With brief experience in Fooldom, and struggling research skills, the question here is- what happened in the year 2000 that sent WAB to $8.25?

Here in 2006,one lone analyst targets $45, insiders own 6%, we're down to $25.26 from a 52 wk high of $40, no officer makes an outrageous salary; rail lines are jockeying to up transport; Trinity trying to sell Eurporean ties, and old WAB showing better margins than TRN, with lower P/E and 1/3 the employees- is there something to like here?

Regards,

Don
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolOfStuff Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 22
Subject: Re: New Interest Date: 8/15/2006 2:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
is there something to like here?

More like what's not to like... I like their balance sheet and believe that the whole company (not just mgmt.) is alligned with shareholders.

JMHO,
-FoS

Author: royblan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 22
Subject: Re: New Interest Date: 8/26/2006 6:12 PM
WAB, like everyboody else in rails, is subject to the whims of the sector. The company is not broken, in fact it's going quite well. But the institutional investors who are gunning for quick returns lump WAB and TRN in with BNI and RRA. WAB gets marked down becuz its seen as one with the rails.

Note too how BNI got hosed with UPS' downward view and look at the parallel in stock prices between BTU and BNI. It's the sector, not the company, cuz.

Roy

Disclosure: I own BTU and until this week had BNI.

Author: drsl One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 22
Subject: Re: New Interest Date: 12/12/2006 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replies- WAB has been doing good for me.

Don

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement