UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: neisgirl22 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 269  
Subject: New Investor Date: 3/25/2001 8:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi... I'm new to this investing thing. In fact, I'm so new that I haven't invested, just doing my research on the matter before I plung in. But I do think that the decrease in the stock market is a great opportunity for me to start buying now. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to this board and see if anyone had any direct suggestions, advice, helpful websites, great experiences, and "watch outs" for me. :) Thanks, I appreciate it.

Neisgirl22
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 10gallon2000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 214 of 269
Subject: Re: New Investor Date: 3/29/2001 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi--

I'm as new as you are, I just started today! What I did after reading Foolish Advice was to go to BuyAndHold.com and invested in a few Drip accounts. If you're not familiar with the term, the Fools have a great discussion about them. Just search for Drip.

Since you can purchase fractions of stocks for not much money it feels like a lot safer way to get your feet wet. I figure on investing at least once a month for a while and see how things go.

The bare minimum at BuyAndHold is $20 and the fees are very low.

Check them out.

Author: at10206 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219 of 269
Subject: Re: New Investor Date: 4/25/2001 12:50 PM
Well, I to am a new investor and I have been researching for about 2 years. I'm starting to get an understanding of my options. I've been formulating a plan to build a diverse financial portfolio. I'm 24 years old and I wanted to start investing aggressively. So I'm not doing any 401k or mutual funds. Plus personally, I don't think it's wise for me to put my money in a pot of other money where someone else is deciding which specific companies your money getting invested into. You only have control of which sector but not specific companies. I believe those type of programs allow individuals to remain uninformed about investment. Because those programs don't require you to understand anything about investment your not involved through the whole process. By doing this on my own. I've learned about the value of IBONDS. I've learned about safe market to invest in and not so safe markets. This summer of coarse I have my eye on exxonmobile. By charting their securities over the last 72 months it looks like the best time to invest is between February and May. I might be wrong that's just the impression I got. I'm gonna do their dividend reinvestment program which require an initial 250 to enroll then the rest is up to you you can invest as little as 50 a month. Once I do that I'm gonna see how Krispy Donuts are looking. That company has expanced and is doing very well. That will be my next investment prospect for the 2001. I want to purchase a couple IBonds as well, that's safety net. I want to combine aggressive investing with safe investing. But I want to control the show.

Author: dasher101 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 251 of 269
Subject: Re: New Investor Date: 7/31/2001 5:52 PM
READ, READ, READ and educate yourself. It is all out there waiting for you. Invest in your self education and you'll never bee sorry. Start with Suze Orman books (any), The Richest Man in Babylon, and "The Investment Club" (great stories). Start with buying directly from companies like Intel (800-298-0146), Consumers Power (517-788-1868), etc. that have no fees and check the box that says re-invest dividends. Check out the site dripinvestor.com for more and read the book Buying Stock Without a Broker. Hope you get rich, but you have to take the steps to make it happen.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement