Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WhidbeyIsland One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3  
Subject: New Ireland Fund Date: 4/17/2007 8:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

I was intrigued by the mention of the New Ireland fund in the April MF Income Investor newsletter issue. However, after a little superficial web browsing, I came across some cautionary comments on the "Celtic Tiger economy" at the following website.

http://www.finfacts.com/irecon.htm

Is the party over? Comments by those more knowledgable than I on this topic (not hard to be)will be much appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Anysimplefool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 3
Subject: Re: New Ireland Fund Date: 4/30/2007 7:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello:
Don't know if you are still following this thread but thanks for the very informative link. Looking back at the performance of this fund over the last 5 years, it has been extraordinary. The YTD numbers aren't nearly as hot. The company web site indicates that for most of its history the fund sold at a discount to NAV. The current discount is a mere 1/3 of 1%. I suspect we are a couple years too late to the party.
I think I'll look elsewhere. Good luck if you do buy.
Simple

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement