Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213  
Subject: New Listing Date: 6/14/2012 5:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Advice and suggestions will be appreciated!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=22104...

Thanks, very much!!

Bob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 165 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 6/14/2012 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I believe Royobi is a Home Depot owned company, like Rigid.. I looked for parts for my ½" Royobi Plunge Router, and ran smack into HD... Not that it's bad, but it surprised me at the time..

So parts shouldn't be a problem, but it's already a refurb!

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 166 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 6/15/2012 8:05 AM
It's a lot easier finding parts for Stihl saws, both OEM and aftermarket parts. It's hard to find a broken down homeowner grade Stihl parts saw for less than $80, even though they are very abundant. A lot of independent shops will work on Stihl saws, but they won't work on Ryobi saws, mostly because of lack of parts availability, and secondly because they not worth as much (don't sell for as much), even when in pristine condition, as this one is. They're worth sharpening or replacing a chain, a spark plug, starter cord and *maybe* a hub/sprocket, bar or carburetor. You can't buy a carburetor rebuild kit for Ryobi saws, at least not the one being sold. I called Ryobi customer service - "No, we don't offer carburetor rebuild kits. We only offer replacement carburetors." I've watched YouTube videos of guys cleaning carburetors for a number of brands of chainsaws other than Stihl. Generally, they've had to reuse the old gaskets. So, they become more of a pitch and replace consideration, but at 1/3 of the price of a comparable Stihl saw in comparable condition, it's not a bad buy. It looks like a brand new saw (not a scratch on it) and should work like one.

Bob

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 6/19/2012 3:59 PM
Indeed, part of the toss it mentality...

Personally, I tend to run 'em into the ground before giving up, my old 18: Skil was bought in the 70s I think, a few chains, the drive sprocket is worn, but still grabs, it fires right up, I used it years ago fro firewood, cutting down or dead oak up in the National Forest to the Norht if me, cut a load of 8' lengths, then come home, cut them to fireplace lengths as I found the time.. Eucalyptus, too, tough on the saw.. At one time I ground out the restrictors so it would cut faster, but the newer chains were better, I leave 'em along, just sharpen a bit.. I see a lot of sawa st the local flea market, but never needed more than the Skil...

A local old timer owned small engine shop, lars Engines has done the only tuneup I ever needed on a Echo blower, filter, plug, a few bucks and it's been fine for years.. Bought my Husky hedge/weed trimmer there a few years back, wanted the longer reach for a fig guava bush hedge I've since torn out.. So a bit of overkill...

Love good tools, probably good I don't have room for more!

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/16/2012 10:13 AM
Someone finally bought the Ryobi chainsaw. It was bought for the bottom price that I asked and took several re-listings. It's definitely not a seller's market, but bankruptcies seemed to have declined somewhat, with fewer banks filing, so maybe the economy is starting to bottom out, while I don't anticipate that a quick rebound will surface while the national debt grows notably... pretty much a matter of a weaker dollar and less disposable income for all Americans, while fewer jobs will be available for low income American workers with our current President recently lightening up on illegal aliens: http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-news/2012/jun/15/obama-won...

Sorry for the political rant. I voted for Obama and contributed a small amount to his first campaign, but won't do so again. I've had enough - next.

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 169 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/16/2012 10:55 AM
I think we have to let it play out, the "Party of No" has screwed the nation, nothing done in Congrss, so it's holding back the economy... After seeing this crap, I'll never vote an R again... DW as well, maybe we've overdosed on the news, but so many rotten games on the Repub side, voter limitations, gaming women's issues, clamping education... No, screw the R's, they've shown what they are...

That said, in the past decade of retirement, the guys I thought I knew, worked with for 40 years, even some clasmate buddies that don't read the dailies, watch the news, fell into the Rush/Hannity line of lies at FOX necause it's all they seem to see... Some admit it , some not... but they are gone off my emails, etc... Sad... Scary, long term...

weco

Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 170 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/16/2012 1:03 PM
Recommendations: 4
I voted for Obama and contributed a small amount to his first campaign, but won't do so again. I've had enough - next.

I'm willing to give it another go. Not too crazy about Mitt and the other R's.

the "Party of No" has screwed the nation

I think this is more than half the issue. The last election (2yrs ago) the R's said they were going to do things differently. From what I can see this has equated to toddler throwing a tantrum and saying "no."

Nothing can get done if both sides don't compromise.

AC *then again this is JMHO*
sorry if I'm outta line posting this here

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 171 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/17/2012 1:13 AM
Holder concerns me much more than Obama, except that Obama appointed him and is standing behind Holder's screwups - Operation Fast and Furious was a very adverse screw up. Obama's shielding Holder under "Presidential Privilege" reminds me of Nixon and GWB, along with President Clinton, not that I gave a rat's arse about Clinton's personal life, as long as his public service measured up.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 172 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/17/2012 9:48 AM
I received an email from a friend I went to school with. I tried posting the contents of the email, but the spacing didn't work out like I thought it might, so here is a link to an online version of what was included in the email:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2012/06/28/obamaca...

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 173 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/17/2012 10:07 AM
I received this email from my sister:

If you aren’t old enough for this to be a concern to you – congratulations. For those that are old enough to be on Medicare – ya better sit up and take notice. . . . . . .

A message from Blue Cross Blue Shield
Professor Emeritus John W. Hill, JD, PhD
Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
hillj@indiana.edu

MEDICARE
Look clearly at the 2014 rate compared to the 2013 rate.

For those of you who are on Medicare, read the following. It's short, but important and you probably haven't heard about it in the Mainstream News:

"The per person Medicare Insurance Premium will increase from the present Monthly Fee of $96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012

$120.20 in 2013

And

$247.00 in 2014."

These are Provisions incorporated in the Obamacare Legislation, purposely delayed so as not to confuse the 2012 Re-Election Campaigns.
Send this to all Seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the bus.

Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/17/2012 10:30 AM
Recommendations: 4
Send this to all Seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the bus.

Which would be the insurance and pharmaceutical companies. My first question with anything that has data in it is where did it come from. This message is from an insurance company and a retired professor. Right off the bat that makes me question the 'facts' that are in the statement. Just a quick search Google and I found a number of places fact checking this email. It appears to be pretty much bunk as far as the numbers are concerned. Snopes has a listing for it here http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/medicare.asp

AC *skeptic*

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/17/2012 11:04 AM
Thanks, AC. I'll pass it back to my sister.

Bob

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 176 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 7/18/2012 12:27 AM
Holder concerns me much more than Obama, except that Obama appointed him and is standing behind Holder's screwups...

http://media.nola.com/opinions_impact/photo/sk062412-colorjp...

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 177 of 213
Subject: Re: New Listing Date: 8/3/2012 11:22 PM
I received positive feedback from the buyer of the Ryobi chainsaw:

Great deal, very happy with item.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&...

Reasonable customer satisfaction means more to me than making a great deal of money, yes!!

Bob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement