UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 459217  
Subject: New LNG player Date: 1/29/2013 10:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I was wondering why my largest single holding and favourite company hadn't been "hooking up" with any of the 6-7 groups currently planning on West Coast LNG export terminals. No more wondering as a half dozen headlines popped up this morning next to their Yahoo watch list.

This group has a major advantage the others can only dream of, an existing operating pipeline. The company bought Pacific Northern for a song just before the sudden excitement about West Coast LNG.

Tim

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/altagas-ltd-idemitsu-kosan-co-...

AltaGas Ltd. and Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. Form Partnership to Pursue Opportunities to Export Energy From Canada

Press Release: AltaGas Ltd. – 8 hours ago

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) -
AltaGas Ltd. ("AltaGas") (ALA.TO) (ALA-PA.TO) (TSX:ALA.PR.U) and Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd. ("Idemitsu") (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 5019) today announced that the companies have signed an agreement to form the AltaGas Idemitsu Joint Venture Limited Partnership ("Partnership"). The Partnership plans to pursue opportunities involving exports of liquefied petroleum gas ("LPG") and liquefied natural gas ("LNG") from Canada to Asia. AltaGas and Idemitsu will each own a 50 percent interest in the Partnership.

The pipeline capacity required to transport natural gas to the liquefaction facility is expected to be provided by AltaGas'' wholly owned subsidiary Pacific Northern Gas Ltd.

http://www.png.ca/
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414595 of 459217
Subject: Re: New LNG player Date: 1/29/2013 12:41 PM
Recommendations: 2
A bit of additional info. Sounds like Altagas has the job of collecting and supplying the gas where they are the experts while Idemitsu gets all the LNG terminal duties and expenses ... a match made in investing heaven methinks. }};-D

Tim

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/29/idemitsu-canada-ln...

UPDATE 1-Japan's Idemitsu, Canada's AltaGas to ship LNG to Asia

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54am EST

* LNG plant could be complete by 2017

CALGARY, Alberta, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Idemitsu Kosan Co , Japan's No. 3 oil refiner, said on Tuesday it will form a partnership with Canada's AltaGas Ltd to export liquefied natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas to Asia, starting as early as 2017.

The project is the latest of several LNG-export plants planned for Canada's Pacific Coast. They will be fed by natural gas from British Columbia's massive shale-gas fields.

"We're a company that has a lot of experience in working with producers in the (region)" said Debbie Stein, AltaGas's chief financial officer. "We'll be looking to work with producers to provide gas supply" for the plant.

Idemitsu has been focusing on overseas opportunities to make up for a gradual fall in oil demand as its domestic market matures.

While AltaGas, a mid-sized energy-infrastructure company, does not have gas reserves to feed the project, it does have an existing pipeline that takes gas from northeastern British Columbia to Kitimat and Prince Rupert, the two ports where most Canadian LNG facilities are expect to be built.

AltaGas shares were up 38 Canadian cents at C$35.24 late on Tuesday morning on the Toronto Stock Exchange, while Idemitsu rose 160 Japanese yen to 7,940 yen in Tokyo.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414621 of 459217
Subject: Re: New LNG player Date: 1/29/2013 6:34 PM
Recommendations: 0
I was wondering why my largest single holding and favourite company hadn't been "hooking up" with any of the 6-7 groups currently planning on West Coast LNG export terminals. No more wondering as a half dozen headlines popped up this morning next to their Yahoo watch list.

This group has a major advantage the others can only dream of, an existing operating pipeline. The company bought Pacific Northern for a song just before the sudden excitement about West Coast LNG.

I would guess that you made a nice chunk of change (at least on paper) with this news...

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414624 of 459217
Subject: Re: New LNG player Date: 1/29/2013 6:50 PM
I would guess that you made a nice chunk of change (at least on paper) with this news...

warrl

Considering estimated first deliveries are in 2017 I'd say not bad?

While I bought some earlier in my trading account under $10 (long gone) I paid 12.93 on Mar 2, 2009 for most of it (it was ALA.un.to an Income Trust then) in my Tax Free account but sold a third when it doubled to my eternal shame. }};-()

Tim

ttp://www.google.ca/finance?q=TSE%3AALA&ei=uFwIUdivLMziqAGgBw

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414674 of 459217
Subject: Re: New LNG player Date: 1/30/2013 9:55 AM
warrl

Considering estimated first deliveries are in 2017 I'd say not bad?

It would seem the news only got out last night for some?

http://www.google.ca/finance?q=TSE%3AALA&ei=gjMJUYCvGs7r...

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414716 of 459217
Subject: Re: New LNG player Date: 1/30/2013 8:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
Still a lot details to be worked out. They plan to quadruple the capacity of the current pipeline. I somehow missed the Liquid Propane bit of the deal?

I like this project and the people doing it.

Tim

http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip854723

Commodities : January 30, 2013 : Altagas Signs Asian Gas Deal [01-30-13 11:30 AM]One western natural gas company is making inroads into Asia. Altagas has just signed a deal to export liquid natural gas and propane to Japan, Asia's largest LNG consumer. A look at the deal with Debbie Stein, CFO, Altagas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propane

http://www.j-lpgas.gr.jp/en/about/index.html

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement