UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 254177  
Subject: New Mechanical Investing FAQ Date: 3/24/2011 7:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 70
The initial release of the new FAQ/Reference for MI can be found at the link below, with the technical assistance of Mike Jacks.

http://gtr1backtest.selfip.org/twiki/bin/view/MIwiki/TheBook...

This initial release contains links to obvious choices as the foundational components of a reference library for MI.
- LAPropDoc's original guide to MI
- JimZipCode's additional compilation of principles, and screen rationales and approaches as they existed up to 2006
- the backtesters and critical tool sites

Currently this is simply an organized archive of links to posts on the MI board, and key tool websites, intended as an improved reference tool for newcomers to MI.

The next post in this thread discusses & invites contribution & editing possibilities.

FC
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 230059 of 254177
Subject: Re: New Mechanical Investing FAQ Date: 3/24/2011 8:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 30
While I started this, as it is a wiki, I have no intention of keeping the additional librarian work to myself. Hopefully there is interest in the community for a small editorial board, and of course additional librarians. There are tens of topics to be summarized, edited and published. But there need to be constraints.

Rules must govern to:
- respect the privacy / confidentiality wishes of all contributors. For instance, Zeelotes' private sale research is protected under copyright laws, must not be posted, and must be removed if posted.
- post and monitor factual or evidential content only, backed by backtests or serious research - no personal diatribes, anecdotes, speculations, maybes
- and certainly a wiki is not appropriate as this message board is for brainstorming, idea sharing and briefings.

This obviously isn't an attempt to replace the MI board. It is simply a place for newcomers or re-readers to go for reference, to organize or get to the bottom line of the person-centuries of research that have been posted here.

Mike could set a small group of interested people up as wiki contributors and admins. His current email is michael_jem at yahoo dot com.

FC

Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 250777 of 254177
Subject: Re: New Mechanical Investing FAQ Date: 5/15/2014 9:57 PM
Recommendations: 17
As of May 5 2014 the domain name of the FAQ has changed. The new URL is

http://gtr1backtest.anynet.info/twiki/bin/view/MIwiki

FC / Mike Jacks

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement