Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FooLeon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38  
Subject: New member Date: 1/2/2000 11:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings Grainger Fools:

I just signed up for the Grainger message board and wanted to say Hi. I worked for Grainger part time for five years at Branch 200 in Davenport, IA. For me it was a good experience and I learned quite a bit about the company. I can't speak for any of the other branches but 200 was a well run branch. It was clean, well organized, and effecient. Management was fair, friendly, and open to suggestions. Training on new concepts and procedures was above par and you never felt intimidated if you needed to ask questions.

These qualities are what inspired me to invest in Grainger stock (purchased in 1994 and 1998) as well as the growth experienced by the company. This is definitely a buy and hold company as the stock price fluctuates and rises slowly but seems to continue to rise overall (this has been my experience since '94 anyway). I made my first purchase at $60 per share and it promptly dropped to $51 the next couple of weeks, but over the next two or three years it went over $100 per share and split. Shortly after that is when I made my second purchase at $39 per share. My personal opinion is that it is a solid company but do your homework and make your own decisions. There are no guarantees with any stock.

Leon Rowell
Print the post Back To Top
Author: IBBallin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 38
Subject: Re: New member Date: 9/20/2000 1:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have to agree with Leon, I have a relative that works at Grainger and he talks about Grainger's efficeincy and how most of these branch's run themselves. I have a bullish outlook on this company. They have invested heavily with the E-commerce and B2B conectivity with Ariba, E-Commerce, and Oracle to name a few. Working with companies like that tells me that they are on the cutting edge of the e-business front. Take this investment with the 75+ years experience of managing the supply chain and you have a company that will be pulling away from it's competitors in the market. Grainger seems to be having troubles with managing their costs in the past, but with the technology investment you will see that being reversed. [This is how we are having such economic growth with not increase in prices].

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement