UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: beyer3188 CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 83  
Subject: New Member Date: 7/21/2008 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm currently a student at Indiana majoring in business. I started reading the Stock Advisor about 8 months ago hoping to learn a few things about stocks. I have certainly become more knowledgeable in this time. My first question on these boards regards learning more of the basics on investing. Can anyone recommend a good beginner book to investing? Thanks for any help you may give, I have found that everyone on these boards seems to be incredibly receptive to newcomers.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66 of 83
Subject: Re: New Member Date: 7/21/2008 1:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Beyer,

In addition to the message I left on the other board, you can always ask questions here. Someone will know the answer or point you in the right direction to find it yourself. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.

J.P.

Author: Baxter123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 83
Subject: Re: New Member Date: 9/1/2008 10:27 PM
I am currently reading The Motley Fool's Investment Guide. I am also new to investing and I am finding it very informative. It was also written by the founders of the website so if you're interested with that I'm sure you will helpful. I am also planning to read Rich Dad Poor Dad's Guide to Investing. I have not read it yet, but I enjoyed the first book that he wrote about money and found him very knowledgeable on the stock market as well as real estate investments.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement