UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: w8ingtodance One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308687  
Subject: New Member Hello Date: 8/20/2003 1:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Hi all,

I have been reading several of the boards daily for my three month trial and can't tell you how invaluable I find this 'place.' I immediately budgeted my fee to join (using my cash back debit/credit card)once I realized the resource that I had found, and here I am. I am a newbie to trying to get my finances under control, and can't tell you how much all the advice, comments, and suggestions have helped me already. I have celebrated silently with all those 'dancers' out there that have already obtained some or all of their goals. I commend anyone who can make a positive and rewarding change in their life and am grateful for their ability to share their experience.

I have a horror story of a past financial life! I can honestly say that it would give nightmares to anyone (including myself to this day) and I have a slightly deep credit card hole that I am currently digging myself out of right now. Progress is mighty slow, but rewarding just the same. I look forward to one day being able to do the 'happy dance' myself, and am looking foward to sharing my future dances and past experiences with others.

w8ingtodance
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lbhargava Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168274 of 308687
Subject: Re: New Member Hello Date: 8/20/2003 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Welcome. As you mentioned we all learn from each other. Feel free to share your stories, happy and also not so happy dances :)

LB

Author: chgojmg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168276 of 308687
Subject: Re: New Member Hello Date: 8/20/2003 2:48 PM
Welcome to the board! We would love to hear your story...

-jacalyn

Author: Dmndperl One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168293 of 308687
Subject: Re: New Member Hello Date: 8/20/2003 5:55 PM
Recommendations: 2
Welcome! (btw...love the nick!)

I understand your reluctance in posting your story, as I was there myself last February. Once I got it all down on paper, and decided on a plan of action, I took a deep breath and posted it.

No one gasped or fainted dead away :) In fact, I got a few cheers, and a few "you go, girl"s. My progress is slow, too. But I read this board every day, and dance right along with the others. And my $38,000+ debt will have been reduced $4,500 September 15th. Like I said..slow progress, but I know I could not have done it without reading other's stories and sharing in their dances.

You give, as well as you get, when you share your ups and downs. I hope you'll share yours when you are ready!

Once again, welcome to the board.

Warmly,
Perls

Author: trybjkt Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168312 of 308687
Subject: Re: New Member Hello Date: 8/21/2003 12:02 AM
Recommendations: 1
Hi. Welcome to the boards.
Congrats on spending so much time reading them. It is a committment, but believe me it really helps to go back and read the old posts. And try to read the boards daily.
I moved this year and didn't have a computer for a few weeks, I was like 900 posts behind.(I would stop at radio shack and log on to get some read!) Some days there are only 50 or so, somedays over a hundred. It doesn't take long to get really really behind.
Besides the motivation of reading daily, helps to save those pennies, nickles and dimes.
back on track,
trybjkt

Author: FoolishTechie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168319 of 308687
Subject: Re: New Member Hello Date: 8/21/2003 11:36 AM
Welcome to the boards! And more importantly to a new way of life. The paying off time (years?) is not so fun but it is a beautiful day when your money starts working for you instead of the other way around.

You'll get there!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement