Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rubbaducky Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55  
Subject: New Nielsen Net rating system debuts Date: 3/22/1999 2:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2229197,00.html

What's everyone's take on this?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rsilcox Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 55
Subject: Re: New Nielsen Net rating system debuts Date: 3/25/1999 1:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
This is one of the reasons I decided to jump on this stock. Neilson is the standard for rating how television shows do and the show live and die by their ratings. If this becomes anything similar on the internet, this stock should explode. Look at how much advertising there is on web pages. Advertising is the backbone that drives Neilson.
Good luck Fools.
Rick

Author: GabbyG Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20 of 55
Subject: Re: New Nielsen Net rating system debuts Date: 3/26/1999 10:09 AM
Advertising is the backbone that drives Nielsen. As we know, it is the backbone that drives any content provider (television, radio, magazine, or Internet). The television industry spends almost 43 billion a year on adverstising. The Internet industry is no where close to that number.....yet. The convergence of television, PCs, and the Internet is near. There has to be some glue that holds it all together. The glue will be the Nielsen Ratings. Pay attention to this one. Cheers and Fool On GG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement