Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jjaje One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 82331  
Subject: New Q Date: 11/16/2001 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Thanks everyone for the suggestions when I was looking for a Q. I took delivery of a New Braunfels smoker with offset fire box. I put it together, and tomorrow first thing will season it. Now I have a few questions.

In the picture, it looks like they have coals on the grill part of the firebox, is this correct? Do you build the fire at the bottom of the fire box, on the smaller grate laying in the firebox or on the larger grate (which I really thought was for grilling)?

I have a bunch of wood chunks, about how many do you go through on a smallish sized (5 lb) brisket? How much charcoal (if you use it).

should I let the brisket smoke the whole time, or wrap it in foil after some hours? Any other recommendations? (I think I will contact Lizard and order some of the sauce to try)

Going to learn a lot, and try a lot. (and possibly even try the turkey for thanksgiving in it)

Many Thanks
jjaje
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement