Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PayshnzGrasHpr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 48  
Subject: New Quirk for Contests Date: 4/1/2009 2:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I would like to see a change in your contests that would allow each contestant to END and (optionally) REPLACE 1 or 2 of his/her picks sometime during the contest life. I think it would add some spice to the contests.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: quietstone Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33 of 48
Subject: Re: New Quirk for Contests Date: 4/3/2009 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Several big changes should be made to the contests in addition to your suggestion. As it stands right now we have new leaders 17 times a day because the point swings are enormous from minute to minute. So the contests have little to do with specific picks and more to do with whoever happens to get lucky on the last day. That certainly doesn't inspire many investors to take part in the contests. 3 days ago I was ranked 301/302 in the contest...almost dead last. Yesterday I was ranked 2/302 at market close...second place.

It is difficult to view this as any measure of my investing skill when I can go from the bottom 1% to the top 1% in a day. To get far more interest in these contests a different scoring system should be used and until that happens I doubt we'll ever see enough players to warrant cash prizes.

Author: TARPedBanks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34 of 48
Subject: Re: New Quirk for Contests Date: 4/9/2009 7:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
I kind of like the current contest :)

But your point is well taken. If the contest is limited to one sector, the leader board can flip dramatically as that sector underperforms or ourperforms the S&P500.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement